By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UPD:Predict!How much wii u sold in the week of smash bros release in Japan?WII U sold 26k(24k-27k)winners,celebrate!

How much wii u sold in the week of smash bros release in Japan

20k 32 15.92%

30k 51 25.37%

40k 37 18.41%

50k 23 11.44%

60k 57 28.36%

Total:200

Is it only 1 day of Smash Bros.? If so then I'd say 30k for WiiU. Smash 3DS took almost all of its sales, especially in Japan. Smash Bros. itself will open 200-250k.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
Is it only 1 day of Smash Bros.? If so then I'd say 30k for WiiU. Smash 3DS took almost all of its sales, especially in Japan. Smash Bros. itself will open 200-250k.

Help me dear!What's your final prediction?

tbone51 said:
benji232 said:
Anything below 50k would be a huge failure. Last year, wiiU did roughly 50k without any releases. If it can't even achieve the same level of sales as last year WITH smash bros, then ultimately, smash bros will have failed in terms of selling consoles.

DQX... Bundle last year 10x better than this year as well. Its not going to do well.

Smash bros should be able to sell more consoles then a DQX bundle. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

tak13 said:
brute said:

Help me dear!What's your final prediction?

30k for the hardware.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
benji232 said:
tbone51 said:
benji232 said:
Anything below 50k would be a huge failure. Last year, wiiU did roughly 50k without any releases. If it can't even achieve the same level of sales as last year WITH smash bros, then ultimately, smash bros will have failed in terms of selling consoles.

DQX... Bundle last year 10x better than this year as well. Its not going to do well.

DQX didnt have a bundle, im talking about last year holiday bundle vs this years.

benji232 said:

EDIT: So I'm predicting 50k. Or rather hoping for 50k.

Oh two guys with the same pic doesn't give me a clear answer.:P I will put 50k in the chart as your prediction?

In any case, i expect that the week after Smash Bros, Wii U will sell more (Europe too).
Probabily that will sell 30,000-40,000, and after this week 60,000-70,000. (+100,000 the week before chrismas)

tak13 said:
benji232 said:

EDIT: So I'm predicting 50k. Or rather hoping for 50k.

Oh two guys with the same pic doesn't give me a clear answer.:P I will put 50k in the chart as your prediction?

Yes. 50k is my prediction.

tbone51 said:
benji232 said:
tbone51 said:
benji232 said:

DQX didnt have a bundle, im talking about last year holiday bundle vs this years.

Right. But DQX and a wii party U bundle should not top a release of smash bros. Smash bros + Holiday effect should equal sales of 50k+ in my opinion.