By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has discontinued the gamecube adapter!

JayWood2010 said:
Mr Khan said:
I can see the logic in this, but this is still way too soon. 18 days to Christmas yet!

What is the logic?  Im curious

They said it was a limited offer for smash players.

It was also confirmed to only work with Smash Bros. U.

Nothing surprising to see here.

Around the Network
Tippi said:
JayWood2010 said:

They said it was a limited offer for smash players.

It was also confirmed to only work with Smash Bros. U.

Nothing surprising to see here.

People has been selling it for over $100.  I see nothing logical about removing something that is popular.  Frankly this is about as logical as it was to not restock Xenoblade and Metroid on the Wii a few years ago.  If there is a demand, then restock it.  Now others will make it and make the money Nintendo should have made in the first place

PS.  Smash Bros is still selling.  

i guess this adapter becomes now a rare collectors item

...and eBay thanks you

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
JayWood2010 said:

People has been selling it for over $100.  I see nothing logical about removing something that is popular.  Frankly this is about as logical as it was to not restock Xenoblade and Metroid on the Wii a few years ago.  If there is a demand, then restock it.  Now others will make it and make the money Nintendo should have made in the first place

PS.  Smash Bros is still selling.  

I highly doubt that everyone who plays smash wants to play with a gamecube controller.

Smash fans probably already got the game and they are the main audience for the adapter.

It might have been a bit too soon, but I think the demand won't be really high next year.

Around the Network
Tippi said:
JayWood2010 said:

I highly doubt that everyone who plays smash wants to play with a gamecube controller.

Smash fans probably already got the game and they are the main audience for the adapter.

It might have been a bit too soon, but I think the demand won't be really high next year.

I would bet on a large portion of the community does.    And no, the adapter sold out pretty instaneosly and has been in demand from day 1.  Any of the Melee fans for example will be wanting to play it on GC controller.  Even Brawl the GC controller was more popular

" If anyone doesn't know who they are, they are the one of the larget independent video stores in Canada."

Yet the EB Games in the province next to my state said they were out of stock and had to wait on more. My area was sold out completely as were they.

Eh even if they do 3rd parties will no doubt make a replacement.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Glad I bought all 12 Amiibos for my collection! The Wii fit trainer and Marth were the hardest to find.

Oh man... What a weird decision by Nintendo!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---