By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2015 Holiday Game?

Odds are Zelda U and Animal Crossing

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

Zelda. If delayed, Star Fox.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Zelda

Zelda+an Amiibo centric title. The Amiibo game could be one of a few things. Animal Crossing, Nintendo Land sequel with a strong emphasis on Amiibo, or perhaps a Skylanders style action/platformer with a bunch of playable Nintendo characters.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Xenoblade... released Dec 31st 2015 11.59pm....

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Zelda Wii U of course, on Nintendo Day

November 20th release!

I predict the big games as follows. In september Xenoblade X will be released in the west. It will launch in april or may in Japan. In October, it will be Star Fox U, and finally Zelda U in November. 2015 will have some megaton games for Wii U.

I think an Amiibo hub game still has to happen next year though.

Those amiibo figures are going to start to collect dust on storeshelves and only Nintendo fanatics are going to buy the more obscure/rare ones, leaving piles of unsold Marios/Links/DKs everywhere if Smash Brothers is the only game that really uses it in a big way.

Like yeah I know it does some extra stuff in Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, but that just isn't good enough of an idea to keep these things selling. They need something far bigger to get kids coming back to buy more of them.

There's also a problem of like what does a Samus amiibo do in Captain Toad? Or Mario Party? Or Wii Fit Trainer? Or Marth? Or Fox? Sure Link/Mario work in other games, but a lot of their figures don't do anything but interface in Smash as a non playble character that's kinda pointless after they level up to 50. 

Right now with amiibo unless you're a collector, there's really no big reason to own more than one or two at most. But kids love multiple Skylanders because gaining a completely new character in the main game is a big deal.

Zelda (I'm still skeptical of it launching in 2015) and a smaller, unannounced game. Kinda like they did with SSB & Captain Toad this year.

Bah!

It has to be Zelda U! I really hope Nintendo won't decide to stupidly delay the damn game! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---