By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats your view about PSX?

true_fan said:
I was underwhelmed because for the last few weeks insiders, neogaf, and fans hyped up the event. I expected much more big games instead of so many indies.

Lol, dont listen to the hype. This was never going to be 5 E3's in 1 like so many hyped it up to be. You were asking to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

Ok now that i'm calm lets do this:

Pro:
Uncharted gameplay(the game really looks gorgeous and the gameplay improved)
Bloodborne gameplay(new area,randomly generated dungeons)
Until dawn gameplay(looks great for a interactive movie)
Tearaway(looks fun and creative)
Ultra Street Fighter 4(makes sense and is one more game to pic on PS4)
Street fighter 5
Yakuza localized
Persona 5 will come at the same time as japan.
Free games from EA(really surprised)
Some indie games look pretty good(the forest is one that comes to my mind)

Cons:
Too much focus on indies(specially the ones that already are on PC)
Final fantasy 7 psx port(what the hell SE was thinking?)
We still don't know exactly what the hell is the order gameplay.
Persona 5 not showed! come on!
Where is RIME?WILD?Tomorrow children?If you gonna show indies at least show the big guns.
Weak ending! how can you end a conference with indies?
Santa monica! "we have 4 projects" 3 indies + 1 cutscene.
Kingdom hearts 3 vaporware confirmed.
Yakuza no retail.
No the last guardian again!

OttoniBastos said:

O
Cons:

it's a linear 3rd person cover based shooter. How much more gameplay do you need to know what it is?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

NightDragon83 said:
daredevil.shark said:

My opinion is that Sony made their own E3 press conference.

FIFY  :)

All this was was a standalone E3 press conference.  Not like it hasn't been done before...  Nintendo used to do it anually in Japan with Shoshinkai / Space World, which is where both the N64 and GC were officially unveiled.

How is a 2 day convention with hundreds of booths and games to play, a lot of which are exclusive world premieres, "just a press conference"?

It's a convention as much as E3 is. The Keynote was just the most public part of it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

8/10 for me.
- 0,5 for no last guardian :D
- 0,5 for the FF7 pc port and not full remaster.
-1 for the last game showed, why show a ugly pre alpha game for the last game in a conference, pretty strange to me.

Around the Network

Only thing I liked was Uncharted 4 and Until Dawn. Overall it was a good show that's only going to get better.

vivster said:
OttoniBastos said:

O
Cons:

it's a linear 3rd person cover based shooter. How much more gameplay do you need to know what it is?

Something like uncharted gameplay video! until now the only thing they showed was some seconds of "hide behind a box/pillar,shoot,then cutscene"

Plus that aimbot....

Amazing to bad. It started off amazing, and sometime after Yakuza V I just sort of started losing attention. Nothing being announced caught my eye after that.

it was what i expected which is good, (althoug i didnt expect a 15 minute gamplay trailer for UC4 and SFV is also a huge thing)

It was good, not great like E3, but good. 7.5-8/10

Also, Nintendo also has the power to pretty much have their own conferences, perhaps more so than Sony.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC