By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats your view about PSX?

no Crash
1/10

Around the Network

Great idea, too bad most people here seem to judge it based only on the conference and not the two full days worth of games and announcements

Too long didn't watch

Saw Bloodborne though.

It felt to me like Sony was actually trying to impress with the PSX, whereas it felt like they were on autopilot during the last few showings.

And as big of a downer SE trolling everybody with an unwanted port was, the fact Suikoden 2 will finally see another NA release is cause for celebration. More RPG fans need to witness the brutal crazytrain named Luca Blight.

OttoniBastos said:

Ok now that i'm calm lets do this:

Pro:
Uncharted gameplay(the game really looks gorgeous and the gameplay improved)
Bloodborne gameplay(new area,randomly generated dungeons)
Until dawn gameplay(looks great for a interactive movie)
Tearaway(looks fun and creative)
Ultra Street Fighter 4(makes sense and is one more game to pic on PS4)
Street fighter 5
Yakuza localized
Persona 5 will come at the same time as japan.
Free games from EA(really surprised)
Some indie games look pretty good(the forest is one that comes to my mind)

Cons:
Too much focus on indies(specially the ones that already are on PC)
Final fantasy 7 psx port(what the hell SE was thinking?)
We still don't know exactly what the hell is the order gameplay.
Persona 5 not showed! come on!
Where is RIME?WILD?Tomorrow children?If you gonna show indies at least show the big guns.
Weak ending! how can you end a conference with indies?
Santa monica! "we have 4 projects" 3 indies + 1 cutscene.
Kingdom hearts 3 vaporware confirmed.
Yakuza no retail.
No the last guardian again!

Where is Shu in-game on that list??

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

10/10 after I saw this

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Burek said:
I think PSX is a great idea and a great show.
Some people are critical, but you need to realize that PSX is not just these two hours on stage, but a full weekend with hundreds of booths of upcoming games to try out.
Sure, it sucks that we can't all be in Vegas, but the press and the public will still get to try out Morpheus and dozens of games, and we will get to read numerous impressions and stories.

This event just shows the power of PlayStation, and that it is able to have so much content, almost at an E3 level...

This.

People put to much focus on the keynote which was really just the beginning of the event. PSX is a great way for Sony to connect with their audience, it's more intimate than the big trade shows and there is no distraction from opponents, just Playstation.

With all the panels of which we hopefully get video footage and information over the next week -and, did they say 800 PS4s to play- this is a big opportunity for Sony to strengthen the bonds with their community. Just like Apple has pulled out of all trade shows to put a greater emphasis on its own products, so does Sony with PSX.

Also don't forget this was the first one, Layden pretty much revealed that they plan for it to be annually from now on, Sony will learn. They also did a Japan only event before TGS so hopefully this kind of event will come to their biggest market, Europe, at some point too.

As for the keynote, well, Maniac Mansion. That's not only the predecessor of DOtT that's playable inside that game and a great throwback to the time I began playing games. It's also a description of the building eagerness to seek out all those Uncharted Orders Until Dawn under No Man's Sky to Tear away me from RL to see all those goodness Unfold before my eyes, it's Elite is Dangerous (would be a great bonus it that one would make its way to PS4 too).