By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game will have the best visuals of 2015? Zelda U or Uncharted 4? - Uncomparable? Something will still need visuals of the year!

Best visuals of 2015?

Uncharted 4 413 40.02%

Zelda U 448 43.41%

Other ( post below) 60 5.81%

see results 56 5.43%

Too early to tell, but I ... 55 5.33%

Total:1,032

Both look great in their own ways, though some need to bear in mind that visuals != graphical and technical superiority alone, so it's still mostly subjective. Same with artstyle. A game could have a great concept for an artsyle, but still be poorly executed graphically.

But I mostly wanted to comment on those poll results. Either it's displaying wrong for me, or it's the most evenly divided poll I've ever seen.

Around the Network
Rab said:
Game_God said:
Rab said:
Metallox said:
Graphically, Uncharted 4... naturally.

Zelda U can look really beautiful though.

But there's no point of comparison here, both games aim for diffeent things.

Graphics are what you see, if a game is more beautiful then it's has the better graphics (What you see = Graphics) 

Beauty is subjective... so about A being more beautiful than B...

Technical achievements in graphics can be mesured objectivly, but saying that it results automatically in something more beatiful is quite a stretch!

Yeah beauty is subjective, but often you get a consensus if it's very beautiful

Part of what you see (graphics) is the technical side for sure and that is quantifiable, but as you mentioned no matter how good the numbers are it won't guarantee a beautiful game  

I think we are on the same page with this if I'm not mistaken

I agree with all that you say in your last post.

I'm all for graphics as my high end PC can prove, but I'm really getting tired of people only judging games by this one & only factor.

A game might not a graphical beast, but still be appealling because of animation, art direction & all over coherence in what it's presenting & trying to immerse the gamer in, take Journey for exemple or Katamari or Paper Mario.

Gamers are becoming such integrists, it's like some want to implement some sort of gaming Charia!!!

Enjoy the games & stopping bullying others because of different tastes!!! (not talking to you Rab, just in general).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Uncharted 4 looks more real, so that is where my vote goes.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Twilord said:
st0pnsw0p said:

So what you're saying is, the more colorful/less realistic something is, the more artistic it is? I guess someone needs to go back in time and tell Leonardo Davinci that the Mona Lisa has a worse artstyle than Phineas and Ferb.

Pfft? Mona Lisa isn't realistic. Have you never studied the dimensional qualities of the background he used to make it pop?

Never said it was realistic, just comparatively more realistic, which (along with being less colorful) is what the losers in your pic all have in common.

Game_God said:

There is nothing aratistic in copying reality, taking a picture of reality does not require art skills, inventing a imaginary world does!

Just taking a photo isn't very artistic, no, and neither is just making an imaginary world. I could draw a bunch of stick figures, say they live in the mystical Gorbenland, add a few unicorns and dragons and that would be an imaginary world, but it's no more art than if I took a photo of my cat making a funny face. Taking a good photo, just like making a unique and fleshed-out world, takes talent.

Rab said:
Metallox said:

Graphics are what you see, if a game is more beautiful then it's has the better graphics (What you see = Graphics) 

That way even an NES game can have better graphics than Star Citizen according to some people

Around the Network
Game_God said:
DonFerrari said:
st0pnsw0p said:
Twilord said:

Words struggle to explain why Zelda is visually superior despite not having the same graphical intensity. So I'll explain it simply with this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95qc2yd22w8jsj9/Arting%20Correctly.png?dl=0

So what you're saying is, the more colorful/less realistic something is, the more artistic it is? I guess someone needs to go back in time and tell Leonardo Davinci that the Mona Lisa has a worse artstyle than Phineas and Ferb.

You summarized my discussion with Padib in a different way... but you won't win on it... impossible to make them accept that they just see something Nintendo and justify that cartoony is more artistic and that defines the argument.

There is nothing artistic in copying reality, taking a picture of reality does not require art skills, inventing a imaginary world does!

You and all others like you love to disrespect the work of others. Do you think no skill is needed to be a good photographer ? And no imagination? Quite the uninformed opinion.

Also being draw don't automatically make something more imaginative or creative. But please carry on saying how efforteless is to make good photorealism graphics.

must be the reason why we have Oscar for better photography.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Conegamer said:
Let's keep things on topic, please. No need for attacks please.

Similarly Uncharted 4 will look better. However that's no reason to say that Zelda will look poor ofcourse.

This is why I Love dogs and have you as one of my fave mods and Nintendo fan. You love ninty and appreciate their games but isn't oblivious to reality that altough zelda looks good and is strong on WiiU it doesn't compare with UC4 at least on this. Gameplay and history we will need more to judge and one of them will be a lot more subjective.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Uncharted 4 is clearly the best graphically. But honestly, I would like to see Zelda Wii U on decent hardware as it looks very reminiscent of SotC in terms of art style but clearly has low res textures etc. Liking the sun glow, very atmospheric.

its difficult to make direct comaprassion since the art styles are very different and also zelda has tremendous draw distance whjile uncharted is focus on short fields, but even if zelda had a shorter draw distance and used realistic graphics i doubt could match 1:1 uncharted 4, neverthless, even if graphics may play important part for the visulas, the art style also plays a very important part to make visuals attractive

a better comaprassion between uncharted 4 and a wii u game would be something like deus human revolution, shadow of the eternals, and so on

I did notice some downgrade in the uncharted game they showed in the gaming awards compared to what we sw at e3, but since the game is still on development i will wait and see if it ends up as they promised months ago

GTAexpert said:
Rab said:
Metallox said:

That way even an NES game can have better graphics than Star Citizen according to some people

Whats wrong with that, if it's more beautiful then it has better Graphics