By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game will have the best visuals of 2015? Zelda U or Uncharted 4? - Uncomparable? Something will still need visuals of the year!

Best visuals of 2015?

Uncharted 4 413 40.02%

Zelda U 448 43.41%

Other ( post below) 60 5.81%

see results 56 5.43%

Too early to tell, but I ... 55 5.33%

Total:1,032
DonFerrari said:

And going by blurry textures, zero draw distance, low polygons... Would that classify as it being worse than Zelda right? Then do you think Zelda have high res, infinite draw distance and big polygon count?

He's a PC gamer, give it a rest ...

I'll be the one to socially interact with him since I'm cut from the same cloth as far as relevant preferences go on here ...

Around the Network
errorpwns said:

If you look closely you can see the textures in some spots are a bit muddy and the models aren't very high poly. The draw distance comment is the only thing I can think of where I'm not 100% correct.

The keyword here being "some spots" ... I wonder if you would admit to being mostly wrong about blurry textures too ? 

Games in general don't have very high poly models so I'm not exactly sure what your standard would be for high detailed models are. If your expecting offline quality models then you may as well be disappointed in this aspect for every game since we're very far away from that. 

For me the most impressive game that pushes for higher primitive rendering would be AC Unity's tessellation technology ...

padib said:
Nate4Drake said:

I think you didn't get my point.

By the way, if for 'Visual' we mean 'Art Design', it's opinable. If you mean Graphics/technical=geometry/draw distance/textures/lighting/effects/collision system, physics, animations, etc PS4 is always capable of a lot more; we are talking about Naughty Dog, and they will always deliver better Graphics than anything possible on WiiU.  You may prefer the art style of Zelda, this is the only thing we might agree.

Geometry, collision systems, effects can and can't be limited by a platform. It also depends on engineering.

Nintendo, much like Naughty Dogs, are both known to push the boundaries of the systems their games are developed on. So let's not pretend like a game on the PS4 is immediately more technically interesting than a game on the U.

I never said that every game on PS4 would be more advanced technically than the best WiiU games.  I said that any game by Naughty Dog on PS4 will be more impressive(graphics engine) than any other WiiU Game. The talent of developers is extremely important, and here we are talking about Nintendo and Naughty Dog, some of the best developers around the world.  Geometry, draw distance, collision system, textures, effects, physics, animations, etc depend on the processing power of a piece of hardware, and when the difference between two piece of hardware is huge, well, you have the answer.

Now, I'm not discussing the quality of a game by the power of its system. And sure art design/style is very very important.  I was only talking about 'Graphics/The power of an engine'.   I still consider Mario64 one of the most lovely game ever made, I finished it 10 times, the best platform for me. I don't care about graphics if gameplay is not there. I loved my N64, and I don't care if Kameo on 360 is thechnically more advanced/better graphics than Mario 64.

I prefer Mario64 and it's a better game for me.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

i say bloodborne

They both look beautiful

Around the Network

Visually pretty - Yoshi's Woolly World.

Visually impressive - Half Life 5.

Twilord said:

Words struggle to explain why Zelda is visually superior despite not having the same graphical intensity. So I'll explain it simply with this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95qc2yd22w8jsj9/Arting%20Correctly.png?dl=0

it's not just art though. zelda isn't lacking in the polygon/texture/lightining department at all.

Nate4Drake said:
padib said:

It's not relative truth if the person thinking it things it's absolute truth.

I think it's absolutely true that Zelda has the nicer visuals because of how I judged it. You valued photorealism therefore you judged Uncharted to have nicer visuals. According to two differing value systems, our absolute truth judgement varies.

That does not make it a relative truth, but simply a preference based on two differing value systems.

So, if I say and truly believe that Mario 64 has better visual than Gears of War on 360 because I prefer the art style of Mario, I can be right because it's my way of judging visual, right ?  It doesn't work like this. Graphics quality have parameters, which are not subjective, while art style it's opinable.  No way to play with this, sorry if I say so :)

The thread talks about visuals, not technical level. although zelda U is also a monster on technical level.

Art preference is subjective, best graphics is not.

Thread proves this places pro nintendo ness.

Uncharted easy.

Edit:

The poll is not surprising.