By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking at the game of the year nominees, made me think was 2014 a bad year for gaming?

Inquisition has an 89 on Meta...but Meta is basically useless thanks to their weighted reviews. It is in the 90s on game rankings though

Around the Network

Titanfall is a twist of Call of Duty made by COD former developers, it a twist over the same and it doesnt even have single player campaign, so it can be fun but wont make a GOTY

It wasn't a bad year considering 2012 still existed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mbolibombo said:
Both Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 has 90+ on meta critic

Just what I was thinking. Sure, my PS4 was mostly unplayed, but this was a great year for gaming!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

For me it was a good year considering it's the first full year that my console of choice has been on shelves. 2015 will be better.

Around the Network

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, Donkey Kong, Dragon Age, Dark Souls... nah it was a rather acceptable year.

solid year but not really memorable.

There were far more disappointments (mostly Ubisoft) than surprises.
Next year should be a good bit better.

Uhhh Far Cry 4 didn't disappoint...

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3