By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad metacritic user score ridiculously high

thats because captain toad is 4D.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

user scores on metacritic are hardly reliable...

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
It's because the only people who care about the game are the biggest Nintendo fans. Guess what score the biggest Nintendo fans will give most Nintendo games.

Then all Nintendo games would score this high.

Hint: they don't. 

The remake of the most overrated game of all time only has a user score of 8.8. Can you guess which game? Of course you can. 

This game is very niche. The popular games are played by a lot more people. Only people who are really invested or bored would try it.

You can't compare it with main Mario, Zelda games. Not even Bayo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
It's because the only people who care about the game are the biggest Nintendo fans. Guess what score the biggest Nintendo fans will give most Nintendo games.

Then all Nintendo games would score this high.

Hint: they don't. 

The remake of the most overrated game of all time only has a user score of 8.8. Can you guess which game? Of course you can. 

Toad is not big enough to attract fanboys of other factions. 

Edit: If TLoU or Halo only had reviews from Sony and MS fans respectively they would both be +95.

vivster said:

I disagree with that statement completely. 

It probably comes from people knowing they are going to like the game or not. I told a friend of mine at work today that when I get home I'm going to purchase Captain Toad, he was like "really?.. Captain Toad?.. why?". He is a big Nintendo fan, and general gaming fan but he hated the Captain Toad levels in SM3DW (which I really enjoyed btw) so he know's he isn't going to like the game, but with that said, he won't buy it either. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

Let's be realistic here, if someone is buying Captain Toad, they are getting what they expected. It was not a hugely marketed game that appeal to a broader range of gamers. People who are getting this game is really into this kind of games.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
Let's be realistic here, if someone is buying Captain Toad, they are getting what they expected. It was not a hugely marketed game that appeal to a broader range of gamers. People who are getting this game is really into this kind of games.

Same can be said about many multiplat games like CoD, Assasins Creed, etc.

But those games are often hated because of bugs, glitches and yearly releases (thus not much innovation). 

Though I'm pretty sure 3 people just gave it a zero now because of this thread lol. 

Samus Aran said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Its a niche Nintendo exclusive. Nobody cares enough to give it a bad rating.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/harmoknight

So is this game yet it has an average score. 

I'm sure harmoknight is more well known then Captain Toad. Mario has nothing on harmoknight. Especially not SM3DW.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Samus Aran said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Its a niche Nintendo exclusive. Nobody cares enough to give it a bad rating.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/harmoknight

So is this game yet it has an average score. 

I'm sure harmoknight is more well known then Captain Toad. Mario has nothing on harmoknight. Especially not SM3DW.

First you claim almost one cares for Captain Toad as its too niche and now you claim the opposite for Harmoknight (assuming you're being sarcastic here)? 

Maybe the game got lucky and the people who don't care about it. Aren't bothering to complain/review it.