By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad metacritic user score ridiculously high

PenguinZ said:
I could make a few accounts now and give it a few 0s to balance things out if you prefer.

Why waste your time on that when you can make a few accounts and give a few 10s to Sonic games, they need it more! :p 

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:

Obviously that's too high..  But i'm surprised at how low the review scores are. I feel like the lower price point isn't being factored in enough and it's being reviewed like a full price game.

I don't think most reviewers care about the price vs content issue.

IGN gave 8.9 for titanfall with no singleplayer campaign and lack of multplayer features plus DLC.

mZuzek said:

When there's few ratings there's always ridiculously high scores. Although I have to say, 9.9 is a new level of absurd and even then 31 ratings already quite a decent amount.

Edit: aaand it's already at 9.6

Probably because of my thread. :p 

OttoniBastos said:
bowserthedog said:

Obviously that's too high..  But i'm surprised at how low the review scores are. I feel like the lower price point isn't being factored in enough and it's being reviewed like a full price game.

I don't think most reviewers care about the price vs content issue.

IGN gave 8.9 for titanfall with no singleplayer campaign and lack of multplayer features plus DLC.

IGN was more than likely bought off though. Not that I have any evidence for this, just a healthy dose of scepticism. 

Its a niche Nintendo exclusive. Nobody cares enough to give it a bad rating.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Too cute for SONY fanboys to hate on :)

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Its a niche Nintendo exclusive. Nobody cares enough to give it a bad rating.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/harmoknight

So is this game yet it has an average score. 

People liking a game more the critics, huh? Never seen that before.

gooch_destroyer said:
People liking a game more the critics, huh? Never seen that before.

Which makes you wonder why critics still have a job. Movie critics are even worse than game critics! 

Samus Aran said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/captain-toad-treasure-tracker

31 voters, 9.9 average. Never seen a user score so high on metacritic. 

I think it falls to the kind of game it is. It's not super high on many peoples hype scale or anything, plus the people that are going to buy the game (I'm downloading it right now BTW) are quite sure they are going to like it because they have played bits of it in SM3DW, and the people that don't... Won't. :)

Give it time, there will be a few 0's on there right quick with this post and once more people realize it is rated so high lol.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.