By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Sales Up, 29 November 2014

AnthonyW86 said:

So both PS4 and Xbox One outsold every Nintendo system COMBINED. That is just insane. And software wise PS4 and Xbox One barely had any big exclusives while Nintendo pretty much has released every big IP they have.

3rd party is what sold consoles not exclusivity

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

So PS4 sold 180k RoW and X1 130k... while Europe was 2:1 for PS4??? Can't believe it.

Since this is a crazy week it isn't quite possible to say if PS4 is undertracked RoW or X1 is overtracked, but certainly the difference is too little like 1.3:1, noooooooooooo way (even more when X1 didn't had special bundles and crazy cuts RoW).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

AnthonyW86 said:

So both PS4 and Xbox One outsold every Nintendo system COMBINED. That is just insane. And software wise PS4 and Xbox One barely had any big exclusives while Nintendo pretty much has released every big IP they have.

WiiU is on life support and 3DS is majorly down in its 4th year^. NPD shows that ps4 has mostly been beating both combined many months. Is it really that insane? :0

Yeah Nintendo had ORAS which sold tremendously, but its not going to be a huge system seller especially with XY release last year. SSB though i guess could of pushed more WiiU's but imsure it by itself sold well :)

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

pfft 3ds did 1.8 million last year for black friday XD

VGC disagrees

3DS 868,411 (+100%) 36,713,033

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41609/Global/

someone lied to me :(

Some guys put some unbelievable numbers out there, gotta be carefull... 1M is massive, 1.2M was Wii record... 1.8M would be shenanigan

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hey guys, please watch those quote trees, no more than 3 quotes.

Around the Network
Leadified said:

Leadified said:

Leadified said:

Leadified said:

sorry.  :(

This post is approved by Conegamer

Just noticed the PS4 was adjusted down again. Its now down below 15 million as of last Global Chart again.

tbone51 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

WiiU is on life support and 3DS is majorly down in its 4th year^. NPD shows that ps4 has mostly been beating both combined many months. Is it really that insane? :0

Yeah Nintendo had ORAS which sold tremendously, but its not going to be a huge system seller especially with XY release last year. SSB though i guess could of pushed more WiiU's but imsure it by itself sold well :)

For PS4 it's nothing new no but Xbox One to and both in the same week worldwide is pretty crazy. Especially in one of the biggest weeks of the year.

And it includes the Wii, so that's three systems :-p. But to be honest Wii-U and 3DS sales met expectations, it's just that others sold so incredibly well, especially Xbox One.

AnthonyW86 said:
tbone51 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

For PS4 it's nothing new no but Xbox One to and both in the same week worldwide is pretty crazy. Especially in one of the biggest weeks of the year.

And it includes the Wii, so that's three systems :-p. But to be honest Wii-U and 3DS sales met expectations, it's just that others sold so incredibly well, especially Xbox One.

Yeah why dont you add in GCN+N64+SNES+NES+Virtual Boy while your at it :P

Wiiu US numbers were pretty good, just their europe and japan numbers were horrific.