By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Sales Up, 29 November 2014

binary solo said:
Now that the world, or a lot of it at least, seems to have adopted black friday I think 1 million weeks will become a usual thing.

Amazing sales for PS4 and Xb one nonetheless.

Actually only US and UK have adopted it which is quite ironic.

Around the Network

Next week : PS4=800k, XOne=600k.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Screamapillar said:
Nice to see the Wii U seeing noticeable increases YoY. Smash/ MK8/ 3D World bundled/ Amiibo will do that :)

Xbox One wins hands down, no surprise there. $329 with two games is just an unbelievable deal. PS4 does incredibly well with the GTA V/ LOUR bundle, no surprise there, either.

The one disappointment coming out of Black Friday to me is 3DS. Really surprised to see how large the decline is YoY, particularly with all of the aggressive pricing and bundling. Walmart had 3DS XL with NSMB2 for $149, many places had the Mario Party 3DS XL bundle for $175, not to mention the crystal red and blue 2DS's for $99. Nintendo's gotta be scratching their head on this one. There was every reason for 3DS to have an explosive holiday over here, particularly when you consider how well ORAS has been received by people.

Where are you seeing XB1 "winning hands down"? Its still behind the PS4 globally.

kowenicki said:
Nate4Drake said:
Next week : PS4=800k, XOne=600k.

hope so... that would be a great number for the xbox one.

I think both would be higher.

GTAexpert said:
binary solo said:
Now that the world, or a lot of it at least, seems to have adopted black friday I think 1 million weeks will become a usual thing.

Actually we had somewhat of a black Friday, though not really in the game department.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
GTAexpert said:
binary solo said:

Actually we had somewhat of a black Friday, though not really in the game department.

Well there lies the obvious difference. Though I won't be surprised if retailers throughout the world take notice of the crazy sales and adopt Black Friday. This year particularly it made quite a few headlines on Indian media, with an article in my newspaper even mentioning Xbox One

DonFerrari said:
So PS4 sold 180k RoW and X1 130k... while Europe was 2:1 for PS4??? Can't believe it.

Since this is a crazy week it isn't quite possible to say if PS4 is undertracked RoW or X1 is overtracked, but certainly the difference is too little like 1.3:1, noooooooooooo way (even more when X1 didn't had special bundles and crazy cuts RoW).

ROW is probably between 2-3:1 in reality and the biggest reason why VGC keeps undertracking PS4

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I'm expecting 850k for PS4 next week and ~550k+ for XB1

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

GTAexpert said:

Well there lies the obvious difference. Though I won't be surprised if retailers throughout the world take notice of the crazy sales and adopt Black Friday. This year particularly it made quite a few headlines on Indian media, with an article in my newspaper even mentioning Xbox One

Gained quite a bit of traction here in South Africa as well, especially with online retailers. i definitely think it's growing every year.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Hell of a lot closer than I'd have thought Xbone would get to PS4 WW.

Nice to see all 4 consoles selling pretty well/amazingly well.