By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Sales Up, 29 November 2014

Screamapillar said:
Nice to see the Wii U seeing noticeable increases YoY. Smash/ MK8/ 3D World bundled/ Amiibo will do that :)

Xbox One wins hands down, no surprise there. $329 with two games is just an unbelievable deal. PS4 does incredibly well with the GTA V/ LOUR bundle, no surprise there, either.

The one disappointment coming out of Black Friday to me is 3DS. Really surprised to see how large the decline is YoY, particularly with all of the aggressive pricing and bundling. Walmart had 3DS XL with NSMB2 for $149, many places had the Mario Party 3DS XL bundle for $175, not to mention the crystal red and blue 2DS's for $99. Nintendo's gotta be scratching their head on this one. There was every reason for 3DS to have an explosive holiday over here, particularly when you consider how well ORAS has been received by people.

Well 2DS/3DS had similar sales last year on black Friday and it's very likely that the majority of Pokemon fans already have a 3DS considering X/Y released last year and have sold around 13 million. Pokemon Gen 3/4/5 sold about 15-17 million each so that really shows most Pokemon fans are already on 3DS.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Screamapillar said:
Nice to see the Wii U seeing noticeable increases YoY. Smash/ MK8/ 3D World bundled/ Amiibo will do that :)

Xbox One wins hands down, no surprise there. $329 with two games is just an unbelievable deal. PS4 does incredibly well with the GTA V/ LOUR bundle, no surprise there, either.

The one disappointment coming out of Black Friday to me is 3DS. Really surprised to see how large the decline is YoY, particularly with all of the aggressive pricing and bundling. Walmart had 3DS XL with NSMB2 for $149, many places had the Mario Party 3DS XL bundle for $175, not to mention the crystal red and blue 2DS's for $99. Nintendo's gotta be scratching their head on this one. There was every reason for 3DS to have an explosive holiday over here, particularly when you consider how well ORAS has been received by people.

Where are you seeing XB1 "winning hands down"? Its still behind the PS4 globally.

I was talking about Black Friday, which is primarily a US event. *Obviously*

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
GTAexpert said:
Screamapillar said:

Where are you seeing XB1 "winning hands down"? Its still behind the PS4 globally.

Well the thread title says "Global Weekly Sales" so what you said was not quite as obvious as you think

There are a lot os overtracked happening with these numbers

GTAexpert said:
binary solo said:
Now that the world, or a lot of it at least, seems to have adopted black friday I think 1 million weeks will become a usual thing.

Amazing sales for PS4 and Xb one nonetheless.

Actually only US and UK have adopted it which is quite ironic.

Not really. I live in DR and all you could hear about during that week was about Black Friday shoppings (I know this is a small country and doesnt make much of a difference in the totals, but from what I've read the same thing  was happening with much bigger countries).

Now, here in my country most people would by over the internet anyway. Which brings me to the question, when someone imports a console from the US, does that count as a US sale? or a RoW sale?

Around the Network
chakkra said:
GTAexpert said:
binary solo said:
Now that the world, or a lot of it at least, seems to have adopted black friday I think 1 million weeks will become a usual thing.

Amazing sales for PS4 and Xb one nonetheless.

Actually only US and UK have adopted it which is quite ironic.

Not really. I live in DR and all you could hear about during that week was about Black Friday shoppings (I know this is a small country and doesnt make much of a difference in the totals, but from what I've read the same thing  was happening with much bigger countries).

Now, here in my country most people would by over the internet anyway. Which brings me to the question, when someone imports a console from the US, does that count as a US sale? or a RoW sale?

It counts as a US sale.

Screamapillar said:
GTAexpert said:
Screamapillar said:

You do know you're in the Global weekly sales thread right? If you meant Black friday, then either say that initially or go to one of the Black friday threads.

Thanks jlmurph!

USA BF SW sales up!!!

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41973/USA/

#1. ORAS
#2. GTAV PS4
#3. AC:U X1
#4. AC4 x360
#5. SSBU

Edit: Can somebody post this pls!

I really dont believe the sales numbers 700k XB1 sold in the US and only like 350k Assasins creed+Unity. That was the most available sku out there and probably made up 80% of X1 sales cause the AW and SSO bundles were in very low print numbers.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Actually only 318k ACU bundle sold because that's black flag sales and that would have only bumped because of the xb one bundle. We also now know that vgc tracks digital sales when attached to a hardware sale, which therefore skews the numbers for some games and makes comparing sales in software a bit tricky.

I do agree that something is off with xb one because of this. Either the software is out or the hardware. I'm thinking software since that is usually far less accurately measured. Bump ac bf up to 500k and it looks better.

Also amazing Amazon. It gave the week win to xb one, but the bf win was clearly PS4, and I think that could actually be possible. PS4 was selling very low during the week because people waiting for BF bundles. So unlike infoscout due to the relatively modest gap I think it's possible PS4 narrowly won BF.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix