By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official TOTY (Turd of the Year) Awards - Submit your nominations!

Tagged games:

Driveclub
Kinect Sports Rivals
Wii Sports Club Retail Edition

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
vivster said:
Dusk said:
vivster said:
It seems disappointment = bad in this thread.

And why would that be wrong? 

Because bad = bad and disappointment = worse than expected. People like to throw objectivity out of the window when something unexpected happens. Or in short, not meeting the hype doesn't make a game bad.

For example I was initially extremely disappointed in Borderlands the PreSequel. It absolutely doesn't live up to Borderlands 2. is it a turd? Nope. It's just not as good as a great game.

You had something to compare it to. Destiny has had some of the biggest hype we have seen for any game in a very long time, if not ever. Is it a terrible game? No. Is it a good game? No. Disappointment and only a so-so game can easily equal turd. It is Turd of the Year, not Bad game of the Year. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
vivster said:
Dusk said:
vivster said:
It seems disappointment = bad in this thread.

And why would that be wrong? 

Because bad = bad and disappointment = worse than expected. People like to throw objectivity out of the window when something unexpected happens. Or in short, not meeting the hype doesn't make a game bad.

For example I was initially extremely disappointed in Borderlands the PreSequel. It absolutely doesn't live up to Borderlands 2. is it a turd? Nope. It's just not as good as a great game.

You had something to compare it to. Destiny has had some of the biggest hype we have seen for any game in a very long time, if not ever. Is it a terrible game? No. Is it a good game? No. Disappointment and only a so-so game can easily equal turd. It is Turd of the Year, not Bad game of the Year. 

Fair enough but reading the OP again I think it really means literally bad games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Fair enough but reading the OP again I think it really means literally bad games.

Exactly. We were originally going after literally 'bad' games. (In terms of controls, graphics, overall value, etc.) I was kind of shocked by some of the submissions tbh.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Augen said:
If there is a sub category I nominate Sword Art Online for Vita for worst language translation of a game I have played. Very lazy and slapped together.

There could be a category for worst voice acting too! It'd be great.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I nominate Xbox One in general

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Driveclub
Master Chief Collection
Assassin's Creed Unity

All 3 released in unacceptable states. Clearly rushed out the door in order to capitalize on the holidays.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Sonic Boom is already a legend. I don't know if anything can compete with it. Wait, it's already in officially? Okay then...

1. The Crew was the most broken game at release of any game this year, so it does deserve a nomination.
2. Master Chief Collection was a fiasco. It'll be okay in the end, but for the disaster its launch is to the brand, I nominate it.
3. Uh...Thief, that was this year right? That was shit.

I can't think of anything else. Can I just nominate Ubisoft? They're pretty much the shittiest game company out there now. Broken releases, unreasonable review embargoes, the shit they pulled with Watch Dogs Wii U, and that's just this year. Their shit has been going on for a while now and they're showing no signs of improving. They seriously make EA look good. We should have TOTY for companies. Just exclude the 1st party companies, and it should be fine.

Ka-pi96 said:

I'm really not. Actually I'm quite surprised we haven't seen GTA V or COD AW here yet.

Unfortunately... Some games really don't fit the buch (at all!) in my opinion and it isn't quite what it originally was intended for. But oh well, we're gonna finish what we started nonetheless, let's just take it with a grain of salt.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Basement Crawl
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
The Amazing Spider-Man 2