By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official TOTY (Turd of the Year) Awards - Submit your nominations!

Tagged games:

reggin_bolas said:
Not really fair to nominate a sonic game and shovelware in general. I mean come on, does anyone actually expect sonic games to be good? That hasn't been the norm for some 15 years.

I nominate Destiny. Overhyped junk that just keeps pissing players off with each announcement,

Sonic Colors, especially Sonic Generations say hello! Also GBA Title"S" were definitely very underrated because it was on a Handheld. There is also Sonic AB2 that i think many loved (well i did at least >_<)

Around the Network
axumblade said:
ijustlikegames said:
Euphoria14 said:
inFamous: Second Son
Smash Bros. WiiU
Forza Horizon 2

I get banned for legitimately disliking Xbox and this guy is clearly trolling and its fine? Thanks Smeags-_-

His post was obviously meant to be comical. Otherwise he wouldn't have listed some of the highest rated exclusives. Your comment was pretty straightforward that you were disappointed with all things involving the xbox, which was outright trolling annnnd you aren't supposed to create an account and post when you are banned as well. 

In a thread about saying things we don't like that has been approved by a moderator it is "comical" to list 3 of the best exclusives but trolling to list valid reasons why a certain brand has disappointed you this year? The post never said "Xbox sucks" or "I hate Xbox" (in fact it specifically mentions enjoying the OG and 360) I fail to see how that is trolling, there is nothing in there antagonistic, simply states reasons why MS has disappointed me with the Xbox brand this year and that I won't be buying a new Xbox. Giving reasons why you dislike a console(and not stupid ones like "the games suck") shouldn't be considered trolling. I suppose I should have mentioned my reasons in the first post other than just nominating the Xbox One (or more accurately the company behind the console as most of my complaints are with them)  but several others were listing things they thought were crap without giving reasons. Would it have been more acceptable if I listed all 3 consoles? Would that have made it "comical"? 

Sonic Boom. Stuff like ACU are disappointing buggy messes, but SB is a turd in its truest form.

Honorary mention to The Master Chief Collection and DriveClub for so royally fucking up the launches of their online component. It's one thing being a turd, but it's another to not work at all :p

Munkeh111 said:
Dusk said:
Fusioncode said:
Driveclub
Master Chief Collection
Assassin's Creed Unity

All 3 released in unacceptable states. Clearly rushed out the door in order to capitalize on the holidays.

Exactly. If that doesn't make it bad games, I don't know what does. Unplayable to me means worse than even the likes of The Letter, which is very terrible.

Unity is 100% playable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just doesn't have a very good framerate. I really wonder how many people nominating Unity played it. I've enjoyed my 15 hours so far. It's not the best AC game I've ever played, but it's a long long long way from bad

I don't think I've really played any bad games all year. I guess Watch_Dogs was the most meh game I've played, but I don't think I'd be prepared to call it bad. So basically I'm just going to defend Unity, because I'm fairly sure most people criticising it are jumping on the bandwagon

I also disagree with the concept broken = bad, especially as Drive Club is apparently very fun to play offline. (MCC is obviously Halo again, you know if you like it or your don't)

I guess if I'm going to go with bad games, I'll go for:

Child of Light (Vita) - Just dull basically
Broken Age (PC) - I only got half my game, I guess it's kind of broken which would contradict my previous statement....

Console or PC? On PC I had it crash many times. Things just get really glitchy then it gives up and crashes. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Sonic Boom
Masterchief Collection
Cod Advanced Warfare

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Dusk said:
Munkeh111 said:

Unity is 100% playable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just doesn't have a very good framerate. I really wonder how many people nominating Unity played it. I've enjoyed my 15 hours so far. It's not the best AC game I've ever played, but it's a long long long way from bad

I don't think I've really played any bad games all year. I guess Watch_Dogs was the most meh game I've played, but I don't think I'd be prepared to call it bad. So basically I'm just going to defend Unity, because I'm fairly sure most people criticising it are jumping on the bandwagon

I also disagree with the concept broken = bad, especially as Drive Club is apparently very fun to play offline. (MCC is obviously Halo again, you know if you like it or your don't)

I guess if I'm going to go with bad games, I'll go for:

Child of Light (Vita) - Just dull basically
Broken Age (PC) - I only got half my game, I guess it's kind of broken which would contradict my previous statement....

Console or PC? On PC I had it crash many times. Things just get really glitchy then it gives up and crashes. 

Okay, PC may be broken, but there's a reason I bought Inquisition on PC and Unity on PS4 (and I'm playing Inquisition with a DS4)

But to call the game unplayable is only true for PC. PS4 is by far the most important version

Necrobump! And my nominations:

Meme Run

Tested with Robots

The Letter

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988