By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Any idea how to use PS3 controller on laptop gaming?

I use motionjoy and I've never had a problem, works perfectly fine with no delay or anything.

]

Around the Network

I did something complicated. I used a program for the Xbox 360 controller and then downloaded ScpServer, which somehow lets me play with my PS3 controller while the program is activated. I think that I tricked my laptop into believing I'm playing with a 360 controller. Don't use Motion In Joy. It never worked for me.

yeah use Motionjoy it works very nicely once you figure out how to use it. 

My fisrt mistake was not realizing that I have to have motionjoy open when I play games in order for it to work. :P

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Just to add my 2cents. I actually just tried out SCP yesterday after using motioninjoy for years. It worked until it didn't so I had to find something else.

SCP seems a lot more hasslefree and it works like a charm. Using it for DA:I and suddenly the game started to become fun.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Why would you want to use the worst controller ever made?

Around the Network
iTzCharlie said:

Mr_No said:
I did something complicated. I used a program for the Xbox 360 controller and then downloaded ScpServer, which somehow lets me play with my PS3 controller while the program is activated. I think that I tricked my laptop into believing I'm playing with a 360 controller. Don't use Motion In Joy. It never worked for me.

I use this for my DS4, even allows me to customise the light bar colour.

I use DS4 Windows. It basically makes the PC think that my controller is a 360 controller. Does mean I can't use the touch pad to do anything useful, but everything else works great

Having said that, I'm not sure if it works for DualShock 3

iTzCharlie said:

The dualshocks are far from the worst controllers made and besides that's what I'm use to, been using them for a very long time now.

We haven't they made it plug-and-play?