By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OG PS1 themed PS4 releasing!

Hiku said:
bubblegamer said:
How would one buy these? Where, when?

The specific details will be announced on Saturday.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed/
In France, it will be sold in only one single shop. So expect similar ways of distributing in the rest of the world.

There are only 12300 units though. So these will probably be sold out in mere minutes, mind you.
I'm debbating if I should get one...

It sounds like they opened pre-orders in Japan already but it is like a lottery system.

Might be the same elsewhere.  Demand will be high.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Looks alright. The picture makes it look really nice but when House is holding it, it doesn't look that special.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Why this is limited, it would have sold really really well :( - perhaps they will release it as a standard bundle after the event.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I'd be willing to buy it if it wasn't £100 more expensive, came with a PS1 bundle, PS1 startup and had backwards compat but as it is it's a mere skin job to me and there's still nothing from the PS4 side that interests me and with the edition being limited I don't ever see myself buying one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That's awesome. I really want one, but I can't justify buying a second unit :-/

Around the Network

I really want one too!!! Might try getting it when it is available for order but will have to see...

Not even a fan of PS, but I gotta admit, that is pretty sweet

Chazore said:
I'd be willing to buy it if it wasn't £100 more expensive, came with a PS1 bundle, PS1 startup and had backwards compat but as it is it's a mere skin job to me and there's still nothing from the PS4 side that interests me and with the edition being limited I don't ever see myself buying one.

There is also a free dynamic theme that include the original startup sound.
It isn't the full stratup but it's already something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixjcv_ONfaY

Burner37 said:
Chazore said:

There is also a free dynamic theme that include the original startup sound.
It isn't the full stratup but it's already something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixjcv_ONfaY

For all asking for the og ps start up sound, here it is. No splash screens unfortunately.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Sony sure knows how to raise the hype. As mainly a Nintendo fan, I've really come to respect them. 12,300... I wonder what kind of prices it'll fetch online. The Samus Amiibo was the tip of the iceberg.