By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why would PS4 win December NPD?

vivster said:
anamme said:
vivster said:

I've seen this a lot in the recent week. While it's pretty much clear that X1 has November NPD in the bag, people are already pretty much assuming that PS4 will definitely win December NPD. On what basis exactly? What changes in December as opposed to November? X1 is currently in beast mode and I don't see a reason why that would suddenly turn into favor for PS4.

The ACU bundle is still widely available, on Amazon it even got back to its BF price of $329 where it is currentl selling like hotcakes. On PS4 side we have both BF bundles out of stock everywhere, the Destiny only for its old price above $400. The only thing that's available is the Vanilla PS4 for standard price.

Sure that situation may change but for that Sony has to ship a whole bunch of units while MS's supply chain has to break. But even if Sony manages to ship more, the X1 still has the ability to outsell it either way, like we've seen throughout November.

The only hope I'm seeing here for Sony to win December NPD is huge shipments, more deals and big revelations at PSX.

All of which are likely to happen, or are currently happening.

Let's hope for the best. I remember times where PS4 didn't need any of those things to outsell X1.

Was that before or after Microsoft started a fire sale?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Because only one of the three territories are buying Xbones and even in that one, it's not a blow out. Everywhere else will offset those numbers and then some.

I think it's best to watch the Playstation Event before we decide if Sony will win December ... (In America).

The PS5 Exists. 

It's hard for me to call right now, but what I've seen for example at Target is the XB1 had most of it's big sell on Black Friday, and stores still had big stacks of 30+ PS4's at the time. Follow up to Saturday & Sunday and those PS4 stacks were sold.

So... I think PS4 will have really high numbers in December week 1. Otherwise, XB1 was at it's peak and has nowhere to go but ...

My 8th gen collection

Its not going to win, everything is turning green and if MS keeps the price as is. Then its game over.

I mean they have the money to do it. I would be surprise if MS felt they need competition and bring the prices back to normal levels.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Because only one of the three territories are buying Xbones and even in that one, it's not a blow out. Everywhere else will offset those numbers and then some.

You mean Europe's and Japan's numbers will help Sony in December NPD?

Interesting proposition.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pretty sad Microsoft had to cut so deeply just to scrape a win out.
Hey at this rate, ps4 will rape them again so hard next year, maybe Microsoft will lower the thing down to $99 with a year of xbl, 4 free games, extra controller.

Let's milk this thing guys while they're being so generous. :) lol

Microsoft has given a million Xbox's away for almost nothing which mean that people who planned to get it later got it lack Friday and yesterday. And PS4 is still an awesome console that has outsold xb1 for many months.

Don't copy random editorials.

vivster said:

The ACU bundle is still widely available, on Amazon it even got back to its BF price of $329 where it is currentl selling like hotcakes. On PS4 side we have both BF bundles out of stock everywhere, the Destiny only for its old price above $400. The only thing that's available is the Vanilla PS4 for standard price.

Price is a big factor and $399 + nothing vs. $329 + ACU + ACBF is a HUGE difference. I didn't know XB1 price would remain $329 after black friday. A victory for PS4 is definitely not given then. It's actually rather unlikely imo.

It's a pity the PS4 has such strong sales worldwide because then Sony won't cut the price. x} I think a price cut equal to XB1's would bring it back to domination in the US.

Oh, NPD? wwho knows. MS could take it.