By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why would PS4 win December NPD?

GribbleGrunger said:

I think it's best to watch the Playstation Event before we decide if Sony will win December ... (In America).

Seriously people think that Joe/Janet Consumer our shopping for Christmas presents will have any idea about some Playstation Event?  Some event that previews some future games is going to move Christmas shoppers.  People really need to understand the event drives people in forums like this, but not someone looking for gifts.  Only way it moves shoppers if during the event it is announced that for the remainder of the year PS4 $50 off.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
SweetTalia said:

Wow, you sound hurt that the x1 is selling well for the holidays.. Victory? where did I said anything about victory..

I made a statement about pricing and you feel the need to basically "throw dirt" on me by bringing up the fact that ps4 outsellling x1 for the past year.

Dude we all know the ps4 is outselling the x1 and x1 will never catch at the pace the ps4 is going but you seem to be saying way too much just for me  saying many thought x1 pricecuts would not matter.

Price matters.  hence proof of how well x1 sold over black friday.

Sigh.... now I am hurt? Here I was thinking I was just having a conversation with you. If you look at my post history I have always said that what the XB1 needs to become competitive is to be priced lower than teh PS4 and with other incentives. I have always said that I expect the XB1 to win november. I even went as far as say that I want them to and to do it well, that way sony doesn't become complacent which is something I know sony tends to do. Does that sound likes someone that is hurt?

I am just saying, that you and people like you are taking this small victory to mean way more than it is. And in some cases even going as far as twisting the general arguments of other posters on this particular matter to claim victory for an argument that was never actually made. 

I didn't throw dirt on you  (stop playing the victim). I simply said that how you are talking about pricing is not exactly how it was being talked about or how its actually relevant.

Like do you think that the reason the XB1 is selling better now is just cause its $30/$70 cheaper than the PS4? Its like you are talking prices when what the XB1 has going for it now are holiday deals. Two evry very different things. But its ok, lets just agree to disagree. I am sorry if you feel I was being offencive in anyway. 

thx1139 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I think it's best to watch the Playstation Event before we decide if Sony will win December ... (In America).

Seriously people think that Joe/Janet Consumer our shopping for Christmas presents will have any idea about some Playstation Event?  Some event that previews some future games is going to move Christmas shoppers.  People really need to understand the event drives people in forums like this, but not someone looking for gifts.  Only way it moves shoppers if during the event it is announced that for the remainder of the year PS4 $50 off.

Lol, very good point. 

However you should also consider that the biggest push to console sales (second only to price) is market buzz (aka word of mouth). Sony doesn't need jo/janet consumer to watch the PS event. They ned people like us to watch it then be responsible for joe/janets buying choice.

Think of it, how many people haveyou got to ever buy the exact same console that you have?

thx1139 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yes. Such events only drive preoders for the announced future games. But not immediately hardware sales.
The only question is will there be the 399 game bundles available for the rest of December, or not.
If yes, Sony has a chance to win. If not, Sony has now chance to win and will lose quite badly.
And at least the first batch seems to be sold out. I'm not sure, if more will come. Amazon back in stock is no good indicator. They said 5 times the white Xb1 or the CoD bundle will come back. Both did not happen...

We don't have any really numbers yet to confirm that XB1 has won. And further more if we look at WW numbers (VGChartz) XB1 has not won a single week. The main reason why I've been saying that PS4 would win December is that it doesn't have a price cut hype of the XB1.
That said I think when holiday numbers are out, we will see that for everything Microsoft had to do to win the holidays and what Sony didn't need to. If PS4 loses it won't be by a lot.

Around the Network

The Last Guarding coming out Dec 9th.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

It seems I stand corrected. I guess nobody was saying that PS4 will win December for sure in US.

Also the reason why I'm focusing on US so much is that the WW race is already done. It's just too easy for the PS4 to sell well elsewhere. So it's boring now.
It only gets juicy if you win on someone else's home turf.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

thx1139 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It depends on what they announce. I'm under no delusion that the event itself will drive PS4 sales, but what they announce and potentialy release, could and probably WILL if at least one unannounced and highly anticipated game gets released this year. Have I, or will I, invest entirely in that notion? Of course not. That is why I say we should wait until the Playstation Event to decide on who wins December.

How Sony fanboys think is not in any way related to how I think.

The PS5 Exists. 

soony_xbone_U said:
thx1139 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yes. Such events only drive preoders for the announced future games. But not immediately hardware sales.
The only question is will there be the 399 game bundles available for the rest of December, or not.
If yes, Sony has a chance to win. If not, Sony has now chance to win and will lose quite badly.
And at least the first batch seems to be sold out. I'm not sure, if more will come. Amazon back in stock is no good indicator. They said 5 times the white Xb1 or the CoD bundle will come back. Both did not happen...

Yes and retailer sales advertisements which get posted at CheapAssGamer.Com give previews of what retailers have planned. Advertisements for week starting December 14th have started to popup and no sign of discounted price or the bundle continuing for the PS4.  That will leave 1 more week before Christmas.   

GribbleGrunger said:
thx1139 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It depends on what they announce. I'm under no delusion that the event itself will drive PS4 sales, but what they announce and potentialy release, could and probably WILL if at least one unannounced and highly anticipated game gets released this year. Have I, or will I, invest entirely in that notion? Of course not. That is why I say we should wait until the Playstation Event to decide on who wins December.

How Sony fanboys think is not in any way related to how I think.

So you think they are going to drop a highly anticipated game between the date of the event and December 25th that will cause people to rush out and purchase a PS4.  No retailers advertisements about the game (Weekly advertisements for week starting December 14th have already started leaking).   Seriously is that what you claim will happen?