By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed Unity is clearly the best looking game ever.

It's too easy to impress some of you guys here. Watch Dogs, Unity, Far Cry 4, Infamous, Evil Within, Alien Isolation, these are all current, NOT next generation gaming graphics. Next generation graphics means that the game MUST look better than any game preceding it, hands down. There is no such game that looks hands down better than Crysis 3, Metro LL. Therefore, we haven't yet entered the true realm of next gen graphics leap.

Real next generation gaming graphics that we'll see in games once developers start coding for next gen hardware without caring for PS3/360 is like this and it looks far beyond any game we have now:

Kholat, coming 2015, real time graphics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfwU9bNOuM

Far Cry 4 is just next gen on paper but it's still based on last gen's Dunia 2 engine. Same with The Anvil Next. These are all last generation game engines with slight tweaks. Next gen gaming requires all new next generation gaming engines. Right now Ubisoft has no such engine in house.

Around the Network

This:

No competition.

GTAexpert said:
dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:
Yeah it looks good when not in motion, but I still think Driveclub looks even better, whether in motion or not. Though of course AC: Unity is a lot more demanding and is open-world, but as it is Driveclub looks better even when not in motion.

In regards to drive club. when to mighty ape launch party ( game retailer in nz) and they had driveclub to play. from what i saw , the graphics weren't that great to me.for me it was good looking but not phenomenal as the environment didn't look as detailed as everyone claimed it was in the review. I would say based on what i saw forza horizon 2 looked better.  i even got to drive in taht game. the driving is kk very simplistic but no wehere as good as froza or gran turismo . howveer itgs better then NFS games. 

I've played both and Driveclub looks better though FH2's visual style is really appealing. The driving would obviously be more simple than Forza Motorsport and GT as its not a sim racer.

same here. wasn

t too impressed with driveclub graphics. i gues for me the size of forza horizon 2 wih those garaphics impresses me more then a small raicng tracks that drivclub offers. was expecing to be really godo considering driveclub is not an open world racing game

dane007 said:
DialgaMarine said:
It doesn't look bad when I watched a buddy play it on his PS4, but I still don't think it's the best. inFamous caught my eye a lot more, even if it didn't have shittons of pointless NPCs roaming all over the place and getting in the way. ;)

don't forget infamous worls is tiny compared to AC unity. The level detail fro a world as big as unity with that many NPCs is impressive. theres alot of detail in the game.

Tiny is a very relative term in this case. inFamous: SS's world was actually a pretty good size. The fact that you had super powers that allowed you to traverse so quickly and effectively made it seem a lot smaller.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Second son is the best looking game so far. If ACU looked as the E3 demo it would be the best looking game.

DialgaMarine said:
dane007 said:
DialgaMarine said:
It doesn't look bad when I watched a buddy play it on his PS4, but I still don't think it's the best. inFamous caught my eye a lot more, even if it didn't have shittons of pointless NPCs roaming all over the place and getting in the way. ;)

don't forget infamous worls is tiny compared to AC unity. The level detail fro a world as big as unity with that many NPCs is impressive. theres alot of detail in the game.

Tiny is a very relative term in this case. inFamous: SS's world was actually a pretty good size. The fact that you had super powers that allowed you to traverse so quickly and effectively made it seem a lot smaller.

its not tiny but compared to other open world games thsi gen,  its quite small.  Not only that , for that size, there was no dynamic reflection for delsin and the world itself was vrey very empty with few enemy ai  spread out across the entire city. when i was traversing the city, i often saw no enemies  and as a result got bored cause the city  is lifeless .the game si not ugly but its far from best looking game considerinng otehr games who are bigger in size, do alot more with more detail. 

Too bad it's low quality

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

AC: Screenshot