By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think Wii U will have a better Christmas then people think

SlayerRondo said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
SlayerRondo said:
A great console hampered by an unnecessary controller.

I can see little reason for the expensive and bulky controller that would justify the cost.

I believe that a console with the WiiU specs and the pro controller for $100 less, with clear marketing would have at least doubled the consoles sales.

No.....Just no. I have to disagree. The "controller" allows for dual screen local multiplayer and once you get used to it, it's brilliant. Not to mention the offscreen play.

While I respect your preferences for the controler, I believe the additional monetary cost and difficulty of use would offput far more people than they would attract by the additional function of the controler.

I respect your view too, but then we just have a Wii with a little more power and it would sell squat compared to the xb1 and ps4. I was put off by it at first, but then I realized how awesome it was. If anything, once more people try it, they will appreciate it too, through word of mouth. I am of the belief that sales will pick up. Precedent doesn't apply in the modern era as much as it did before and the Wii U will become successful.

Cost? It's a cheap tablet that the media have seen fit to call expensive to manufacture. Difficulty of use? Have you used it? My 3 year old daughter can even use it. The largest issue is the confusion of it's dual screen capabilities.

Around the Network

i recently tried continuing my play through of 零 〜濡鴉ノ巫女〜 on it, and to be honest the console doesnt deserve to do well, its so behind the times on so many levels, a major one for me being region locking, but not just for games but for languages too, chinese machines can only do chinese, japanese machines can only do japanese, english machines can do a couple european languages but not asian, meanwhile the competition blows it away in terms of language support.
Then theres the game itself, if its succeeded in anything, its of reminding me how clunky and poorly designed the wiiu tablet is, having to tilt the entire thing 90 degrees to get a portrait shot is a chore and overall, the game somehow manages to take what should be an intuitive method of play and turn it into a chore, i find it hard to play because i dread the instances where i will need to use the tablet as a camera, then theres the general clunkyness of the game itself.
if they spent as long design testing the console as TK spent on boob physics in this game, maybe the wiiu wouldnt be so bad.

Oh, and the graphics for fatal frame V look like ass in person.

With a beasting PS4 and a 330 dollars X1? I think it will be slaughtered. If Sony decides to strike MS back with bundles and deals things will only get worse.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
SlayerRondo said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
SlayerRondo said:
A great console hampered by an unnecessary controller.

I can see little reason for the expensive and bulky controller that would justify the cost.

I believe that a console with the WiiU specs and the pro controller for $100 less, with clear marketing would have at least doubled the consoles sales.

No.....Just no. I have to disagree. The "controller" allows for dual screen local multiplayer and once you get used to it, it's brilliant. Not to mention the offscreen play.

While I respect your preferences for the controler, I believe the additional monetary cost and difficulty of use would offput far more people than they would attract by the additional function of the controler.

I respect your view too, but then we just have a Wii with a little more power and it would sell squat compared to the xb1 and ps4. I was put off by it at first, but then I realized how awesome it was. If anything, once more people try it, they will appreciate it too, through word of mouth. I am of the belief that sales will pick up. Precedent doesn't apply in the modern era as much as it did before and the Wii U will become successful.

Cost? It's a cheap tablet that the media have seen fit to call expensive to manufacture. Difficulty of use? Have you used it? My 3 year old daughter can even use it. The largest issue is the confusion of it's dual screen capabilities.

It's been two years, when are the sales going to pick up? The biggest releases of the year benefit little from the controller and in the case of Smash Bros people desperately wanted the normal gamecube controller.

The WiiU was also more powerfull than both PS3 and Xbox 360 even with resources drained by the controller's second screen.

I also believe you are underestimating the cost of the controler relative to the rest of the console. Even a cheap tablet can make a difference, especially when it's part of something more. If $100 were knocked of the price the WiiU (which should have been re-named) it would have been the perfect price for Christmas gifts right off the bat.

And when I said difficult to use,and I own one for the record, I meant more difficult than the Pro controler or Gamecube controler. It's bulkiness is also something I will never get over.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I didn't bother reading the thread but my personal "success" for the Wii U at this point is having a month above the Gamecube, guess we'll see later this month.

Around the Network

I think most people were already expecting similar amount. Its obviously better then its been doing thus far but still not great. An NPD of 350-450k is expected.

Train wreck said:
I didn't bother reading the thread but my personal "success" for the Wii U at this point is having a month above the Gamecube, guess we'll see later this month.

Are there any NPD numbers known for Gamecube.

Apparently WiiU sold out for Ebay's Cyber Monday deal in 3 minutes

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/30/wii-u-black-friday-deal-choice-259-newegg/

AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10423  Those numbers only go to 2004 but gives a good sample

The gamecube in the same month pushed 750k+ consoles, 1.16M+ for December

Train wreck said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10423  Those numbers only go to 2004 but gives a good sample

The gamecube in the same month pushed 750k+ consoles, 1.16M+ for December

I don't think it will ever do it then. ioi's early numbers suggest only 300k ww for Wii-U in Black Friday week. So that would be about 400k November NPD then.