By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think Wii U will have a better Christmas then people think

AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:
I didn't bother reading the thread but my personal "success" for the Wii U at this point is having a month above the Gamecube, guess we'll see later this month.

Are there any NPD numbers known for Gamecube.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10423  Those numbers only go to 2004 but gives a good sample

The gamecube in the same month pushed 750k+ consoles, 1.16M+ for December

I don't think it will ever do it then. ioi's early numbers suggest only 300k ww for Wii-U in Black Friday week. So that would be about 400k November NPD then.

Wrong he said for USA only  not worldwide

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
platformmaster918 said:
Hopefully. It deserves a better one than most other consoles.

Yea and what are most other consoles?

well one may offend people on here or get me banned for having that opinion so I'll just say Ouya!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Jay70sgamer said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:
I didn't bother reading the thread but my personal "success" for the Wii U at this point is having a month above the Gamecube, guess we'll see later this month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10423  Those numbers only go to 2004 but gives a good sample

I don't think it will ever do it then. ioi's early numbers suggest only 300k ww for Wii-U in Black Friday week. So that would be about 400k November NPD then.

Yes i know? Like i said if it did only 300k WW it probably did something in the low 200k in USA only. Add that to the rest of November and you get something around 400k for USA in November. Gamecube did almost double that back in 2003.

Jay70sgamer said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Train wreck said:

he did?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

TheBlackNaruto said:
Mbolibombo said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I have to ask how what you said makes what he said not true though?

OT

Well heck it better do better than most think! I mean it can't get do worse that most think right? I hope it has a healthy holiday.

I just dont think it's true that a console with 400+ games is lacking games. But I guess if someone is expecting 800 games over a 2 year span it would be lacking games. But to each his own I guess =) Sorry if you were offended.

Oh no I was offended I was just curious that's all. And I am almost 200% positive he wasn't talking about the number of games but the quality of games. Which I can understand because even the most adamant Wii U owners were complaining about the lack of games. And I didn't even know the Wii U had 400+ games. and I know for a fact that the PS4 DOES NOT have anywhere near "400 games  nor does the XB1 unless I am mistaken. Where did you get that information from?

I thought I wrote released or soon to be? Guess I did not hmm.. I took it from a list on wiki and it includes indiegames released on respective e-shop and it includes games that are going to be released in the next year as well even though the topic stated games released.. Sorry about that.. If he was talking about the quality of the games released the Wii U and we were in 2013 I think most Wii U fans would agree, but 2014 has been stellar gamewise for the Wii U I do think most fans are pleased with what has come out to date..