By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think Wii U will have a better Christmas then people think

But I thought you weren't SUPPOSED to have faith in WiiU getting better! The WiiU is supposed to be dead; the press is smearing it all over the place!

Personally, yes, I WANT WiiU to do better.  It deseves to.

Around the Network

I'm keeping my expectations low so that I'm not disappointed when we see sales numbers.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I hope!!

major retailers did not stock that many Wii U's to began with. The reason being is the system has not sold that well, so retailers have been reluctant to restock it with more then a few units. Hopefully they did do good but from what I know about retail is you don't over stock a item that is not really selling that well for you.

So they most likely sold out because retailers where not asking for that many units to start with. It was a great bundle but Nintendo has failed to show why their system is desirable. I own the system and have been disappointed with the lack of games, online and just overall experience.

My Fiance has not been to intrigued either, she is a massive Nintendo fan, However plays Xbox brand way more as of the new gen.

platformmaster918 said:
Hopefully. It deserves a better one than most other consoles.

Yea and what are most other consoles?

Around the Network

it needs to because the release schedule from jan-june 2015 looks VERY bare...

The wiiU continues to sell significantly worse than the competition. It's holiday sales are marginally better than a standard week for the ps4. That's not anything to write home about. The problem is that you're telling us all these facts with nothing to compare to. Ebay sold 4k wiiU's in 17 mins. Ok. Did the ps4 sell 2k in that same amount of time? If so, that's good, but the ps4 also could have sold 16k units in that time. Who knows? Without anything to compare to, these are useless numbers, like a graph without a title or numbers on it.

Danman27 said:
The wiiU continues to sell significantly worse than the competition. It's holiday sales are marginally better than a standard week for the ps4. That's not anything to write home about. The problem is that you're telling us all these facts with nothing to compare to. Ebay sold 4k wiiU's in 17 mins. Ok. Did the ps4 sell 2k in that same amount of time? If so, that's good, but the ps4 also could have sold 16k units in that time. Who knows? Without anything to compare to, these are useless numbers, like a graph without a title or numbers on it.

Can't argue with that. I'm thinking with all these threads people will actually be disappointed when sales do release.

curl-6 said:
Supply shortages could be a problem; demand has increased, but after its low sales of the past, stores may have underestimated this and not stocked accordingly.

Yeah, supply for the Wii U is a real issue when sales pick up.  Thankfully, Gamestop seems to have just gone nuts and overstocked everything since - if their website is to be believed - neither the #5 Wii U bundle nor the #1 PS4 bundle are sold out within a hundred miles of my area (and that's a lot of stores).  So supply, at least there, doesn't seem to be an issue.  But I personally am not going to predict it either way; the Wii U is hard to track with all the odd circumstances.  Hope it does well though. 

i wonder if it will have a 500+ week

Switch!!!