By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yahoo: Pokemon is killing Nintendo because its selling too well

HyrulianScrolls said:
Why wouldn't Nintendo want to enter a medium where Apple utterly and unequivocally dominates so they could be an even bigger underdog than they are in the home console market? Gee, I can't imagine why. This article is so laughably stupid. The portable gaming market is still printing money for Nintendo this gen, why throw that all away for something that would be a huge risk? Especially since most Nintendo fans have made it clear they have no interest in dumbed down "tap-tap-tap" mobile versions of their great IPs.

It's talking about Nintendo putting their games on the App Store so I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Apple doesn't dominate the App Store; they sell tons of iPhones so that there's a bigger market for App Store apps to sell.

Most games wouldn't work that well on touch screen, but Pokemon would work well I'd guess.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

This article is insane because.... it actually makes very valid points. Making good sales look like bad news is stupid, but most of the rest is true. Nintendo clearly are still not ready to face reality and make a change it seems. Though i'm not sure if iPad is the best platform for their games, tablets and smartphones are the future for mobile gaming.

What a hideous and horrendous article. Because clearly, mobile gaming has been proven to be as effective in delivering game experience as handhelds.

I concede that perhaps Animal Crossing would be a good fit, but definitely not Zelda or Mario, let alone other franchises. If people want Nintendo games they will buy Nintendo hardware, simple really. That's what these Pokemon and Smash Bros Sales suggest

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Playstation brand is also bad for Sony, cause it continues the agony. Without it and finance dep that company will be dead some years ago. Quiet and peacefully...

This is horrible, my head, it hurts.

edit: only a greedy soulless person would want a future like that

Around the Network
ICStats said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Why wouldn't Nintendo want to enter a medium where Apple utterly and unequivocally dominates so they could be an even bigger underdog than they are in the home console market? Gee, I can't imagine why. This article is so laughably stupid. The portable gaming market is still printing money for Nintendo this gen, why throw that all away for something that would be a huge risk? Especially since most Nintendo fans have made it clear they have no interest in dumbed down "tap-tap-tap" mobile versions of their great IPs.

It's talking about Nintendo putting their games on the App Store so I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Apple doesn't dominate the App Store; they sell tons of iPhones so that there's a bigger market for App Store apps to sell.

Most games wouldn't work that well on touch screen, but Pokemon would work well I'd guess.

I am guessing HyrulianScrolls might be referring to the fact that many analysts seem to overlook Nintendo by releasing on the iPad would be going from having no oversight other then their own to a market firmly controlled by Apple. A position they haven't been in for a while and one probably based on how they have acted in the past as well as having to share profits or reduce prices to compete in that market they wouldn't necessarily want.

The article is just another example of how many so called experts really don't know jack squat about business or then seeing dollar figures.

Yahoo? You mean that company that was #1 on internet in the 90´s?

Just another forgetable clickbait article.

yahoo... i will go for a joke....

Switch!!!

They do realise that the 3DS is approaching saturation in Japan right? 20m is usually the most a console can sell besides the remarkable DS and the original gameboy (which was in the market for 15 years and had a weird console cycle).

3DS will end up outselling the PS2 in Japan, it's the West where the problem lies.

Oh wow, a Nintendo DOOM article, just when i thought they died down.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda