By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Littlebigplanet 3 flops badly in the US

Tagged games:

bowserthedog said:
Ninsect said:
bowserthedog said:

But most people are buying it to play the game not to create levels.  Changing the tools ect is going to appeal more to a hardcore Little Big Planet users but not a broad base of purchasers.  But you're guess is as good as mine as to why the sales have been declining.

?? And buy making more tools available better and different levels can be created. Playing and creating isn't mutually exclusive

So assuming i'm wrong what's you're explanation for the decline in sales?

It's a bit early to assume a decline in sales. Day 1 sales are low but there are plenty reasons for that.
- Many big releases on the 18th.
- No marketing as opposed to hourly commercials for GTA5 and AC Unity
- It's not a day 1 title for those not interested in Create. If you wait a while you'll have tons of good levels to play.

LBP3 will get some more exposure once the newly created levels and ideas get some coverage. At least I hope the game sites will run another best of article some time.

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:
Ninsect said:

?? And buy making more tools available better and different levels can be created. Playing and creating isn't mutually exclusive

So assuming i'm wrong what's you're explanation for the decline in sales?

As I said earlier, way too many games releasing at the same time. Give it time and I'm sure we'll see LBP3 reach 1m+ this holiday alone (globally)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Okay so these numbers have just been confirmed for Novemeber from NPD...

LBPS3 PS4: 99k, LBP3 PS3: 34k

Ouch

So we got Super Flop Brothers for Wii U in Japan and Little Flop Planet in US.

But seriously, I hope those two do better in those respective region over time.

Looks like Sunset Overdrive seems less like a flop now does it.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

^ SSBU sold 2 times in one week in Japan only, what two versions of LBP3 did in 9 days in the U.S. That's not a flop by any standards.

Sunset Overdrive wasn't a flop either... LBP3 IS flopping, but might have "long legs".

Kuksenkov said:
^ SSBU sold 2 times in one week in Japan only, what two versions of LBP3 did in 9 days in the U.S. That's not a flop by any standards.

Sunset Overdrive wasn't a flop either... LBP3 IS flopping, but might have "long legs".

I know. It was a humorous reference to this post. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6909363

Kuksenkov said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73069/sunset-overdrive/Comments/

Why don't you tell some of them that.

Proud to be a Californian.