By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 47, 2014 (Nov 17 - Nov 23)

naruball said:
nanzano said:

WTH Japan!!? 83k 3DS with Pokemon + Pokemon Bundle +Holiday+ New3DS?  I'm starting to worry about the impact of smart phone on gaming devices in Japan! 

I wouldn't have been disturb by Vita HW if it wasn't holliday because the Value Packs that will be released tomorrow with a big title and some other games.

I don't get it. Why would a Pokemon fan buy a 3ds now and not last year or at any other point since X/Y launched? Plus, 3ds has sold so much already that it's sales are mostly gonna be people buying a second 3ds/new3ds.

I mean, that would make sense to me. 

People are spending a lot on rebuying console they sold back or upgrading to the new revision. It's still a huge game. You expect a larger HW boost from a game that does 1.5 million FW. Period.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Also, look at all of the overshipping. I wonder how long retailers will continue to over order these games and finally bow down to our new mobile overlords.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hiska-kun said:
nanzano said:

WTH Japan!!? 83k 3DS with Pokemon + Pokemon Bundle +Holiday+ New3DS?  I'm starting to worry about the impact of smart phone on gaming devices in Japan! 

I wouldn't have been disturb by Vita HW if it wasn't holliday because the Value Packs that will be released tomorrow with a big title and some other games.

It's looking worse and worse everyday. I wish good luck to Nintendo and Sony next year, specially to PS4 since will start to get some japanese games. But smartphones are here to stay.

How many westerners/gaijins are buying PS4? Ratio between foreigners and natives...

Ask that shop owner that you know(and maybe lovey-dovey?)...

Ka-pi96 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
bubblegamer said:
Nice PS4 sales. It's all upwards from here on, minus seasonal lullls of course.

PS4 sales are awful, what world are you living in? 

Well, comparatively speaking they are nice. Better than any other home console and better than they were a few months ago...

That's some mighty straw drawing you are doing there sir! Better than it's competition? It's only outselling the nearest console by 3k. Not to mention, it sold less consoles that last week!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Oh damn i wondr wat shipment number is, just saw on famitsu that though ORAS sold 1.53mil, there was 20%-40% sitting on store shelves and this number doesn't include digital though digital wasnt amazingly high for XY.

1.53mil Sold Week 1 and if there was [##%] left over, then shipments would be... (excluding digital obviously when factoring these numbers)

20%: Digital:306k (1.84mil Shipped) [ Worse Case Scenario ]
25%: Digital:382k (1.91mil Shipped)
30%: Digital:460k (1.99mil Shipped)
35%: Digital:535k (2.06mil Shipped) [ About the Best Case ]

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
bubblegamer said:
Nice PS4 sales. It's all upwards from here on, minus seasonal lullls of course.

PS4 sales are awful, what world are you living in? 

Love as much as you want. That is what Kapan is capable of these days deal with it. In 2014 these are great sales for a console. Quit living in 1990.

3DS is only one doing good there hardware wise, so kinda sad
Great week for Pokemon and software in general, nice to see Captain Toad holding up. Also XB1 bombing in Japan just like it's father and grandfather did before it

Only the 3DS is doing well as far as sales are concerned. PS4 sales can be considered average, but that's about it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Pavolink said:

Uh...

Pokemon...

Wow! 1.4 million!!!!
And over 80k sold!!!!!!

Another amazing week for the 3DS

And i hope the wii u and smash will start an amazing december

Pocky Lover Boy!