By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Watch Dogs Wii U

Honestly.. I'm not surprised that Ubisoft didn't even try with this port... It was doomed to sell like shit.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
phaedruss said:

I don't buy that for a second. Even if true they are missing out on a lot of  great games if they don't buy games with any bugs.

That rather misses the point though doesn't it. Every game has bugs - Nintendo's are no exception. The problem that I and many other Wii U owners have is delayed sloppy 20fps ports with low res graphics and blatantly zero effort. This is the kind of thing that Nintendo fans I feel are particularly vigilant about.

You have to remember that the demographic of Wii U owners, and that includes myself, are dramatically different to the demographics of owners of the other 2 consoles. The Wii U is currently a niche console and therefore appeals to a more niche audience who generally know what they want, and Ubisoft garbage ain't it.

Mnementh said:

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

It is kind of sad that Ubisoft can't make a game for anything more than a PC these days i.e the xbox one and ps4 have very similar architecture to a pc. Is it Nintendo's fault for making an actual console, or is it Ubisofts fault for not making a game to suit the last actual console?

Ubi can't even make games for PCs, AC:Unity has problems even on modern PCs.

On a forum someone was complaining about the fps and he was having an I7 so for sure they will have problems with the WIi u

I doubt that - with Bayonetta 2, SSB, Hyrule Warriors etc. - WiiU owners will care about this poor port.
I may get it in the future...if I found it really cheap.
Ubisoft screwed WiiU owners with the Rayman Legends episode and screwed them again with Watch Dogs (supposely the game WAS ready a long time ago, supposely they COULD have launched with the other versions). No wonder its games are not selling wel on that platform.

fluky-nintendy said:
Besides the under-utilization of the gamepad, no rocks thrown at Ubi this time. They did what they could to put it on an underpowered console, don't know who's expecting PS4/XB1 quality third party on wiiU, but never go there expecting that.

"So an inferior version of a middling game, with less content that costs more and is 6 months late. Well at least Ubisoft tried...."

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
Cream147 said:
And here's the thing for Ubisoft - you can get away with diabolical games on other platforms. Look at how much Assassin's Creed: Rogue has sold, despite all the bad press it has got. But Nintendo fans in general, simply aren't going to take it. We notice when you spit in our face. On Wii U, you're competing with the best developer, and to compete with the best, you've got to be the best. Ubisoft, EA, Activision, these companies simply don't know how to produce real quality.

Why would anyone buy a game that's 6 month delayed, has last gen graphics, terrible framerate, little use of unique hardware features, and by most accounts wasn't a very good game to begin with. Thanks Ubisoft, but I think I'll just go with Smash.

What a load of BS wii u owners won't buy it in general simply because it's not a Nintendo game. You think that the average wii u owner reads digital foundry?

Have you ever considered that Nintendo fans buy third party content on other platforms? I also, for example, play on PC and Xbox 360, but even then, I bought every single non-shovelware piece by Ubisoft on Wii U and at the end I got this, a 6 month delayed port at 60 dollars, and still, there was never really a good reason to get Ubisoft games on Wii U even over 360. You have to understand this. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said

Have you ever considered that Nintendo fans buy third party content on other platforms? I also, for example, play on PC and Xbox 360, but even then, I bought every single non-shovelware piece by Ubisoft on Wii U and at the end I got this, a 6 month delayed port at 60 dollars, and still, there was never really a good reason to get Ubisoft games on Wii U even over 360. You have to understand this. 

What does that have to do with what I was talking about?

What was the bet that the OP won?

phaedruss said:
Metallox said

Of course it does. 

I don't buy third party games because they aren't from Nintendo? No. 

Metallox said:
phaedruss said:
Metallox said

Of course it does. 

I don't buy third party games because they aren't from Nintendo? No. 

I'm not talking about you or to you. I'm talking about the general wii u owner. Yes those people will and probably do buy third party games on other platforms that's not the point. The point is that your average wii u owner is no more discerning for "quality" products than anyone else.

Wow ... 

This is the opposite of what I envisioned ... 

You win, OP ...