By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AC Rogue numbers, so what Ubisoft

Skidmore said:

Looking at AC rogue debut, it seems that the game won't come close to a million units in a single plataform... It probably will peform just 1.5 or 2 times the half assed port of ACIV for Wii U.

I really don't understand why Ubisoft didn't make the game for the Wii U too, they were like 80% the way with AC IV,  the visuals were above Xbox 360, adjusting that terrible framerate to 30fps locked and the version would make it the Ultimate one to go, since there wasn't a PS4/Xone version.

Rayman proved it.

Bullshit... the game will easily do 2.5 million LT on the 2 systems combined, something the WiiU couldent even dream of achieving. Wayt for the gholliday season + legs to kick in, and it will eradicate every 3rd party WiiU games that was released, saleswise

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Seems to me like 3rd parties are deliberately trying to punish Nintendo, giving them the message that if they want their support they have to be more comparable in specs to PS and Xb of the same generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

KLXVER said:
Skidmore said:
KLXVER said:

There are several things that baffles me. Capcom not releasing Resident Evil Revelations 2 for the WiiU or Konami not releasing Pro Evolution Soccer on it. Fifa is not one the console. You would have a complete monopoly.

Theres not thinking your games will sell on the WiiU and then theres just stupidity in management, like in these two cases...

There is Fifa in the 3DS and the old Wii, and they sell nothing. I skipped Fifa 2013 in the Wii U, because it was damm Fifa 2012, I was waiting for the 2014 with all features, which never came. End up buying the half baked port of 2012 renamed as 2013.

Well would you have bought Fifa 13 if PES14 was available on it?

Totally agree with your first post. Reason I am replying to this one is cause I would buy PES14.  EA have sucked with their sports games for many years now.

I usually get PES or 2kSports games for other sports.

mii-gamer said:
Haven't you heard it's always Nintendo fans fault. Just ignore the shitty practice of the publishers and point the figure with a blind bias.

Haven't you heard? It's always the third party's fault and never Ninty's. 

Skidmore said:

Looking at AC rogue debut, it seems that the game won't come close to a million units in a single plataform... It probably will peform just 1.5 or 2 times the half assed port of ACIV for Wii U.

I really don't understand why Ubisoft didn't make the game for the Wii U too, they were like 80% the way with AC IV,  the visuals were above Xbox 360, adjusting that terrible framerate to 30fps locked and the version would make it the Ultimate one to go, since there wasn't a PS4/Xone version.

Rayman proved it.

Ubisoft have tried to release serious games on Nintendo platforms and they have failed to sell suffience copies. They said the reason they are not putting any more serious games on Wii u is because they sell like shit.

AC: Rogue was made by a B-team using assets from AC: Black Flag. It is pretty much a reskinned version of that game with less content. 

Around the Network
naruball said:
mii-gamer said:
Haven't you heard it's always Nintendo fans fault. Just ignore the shitty practice of the publishers and point the figure with a blind bias.

Haven't you heard? It's always the third party's fault and never Ninty's. 

yeah totally!

I mean its totally Nintendo's fault that ubisoft did not show a single image of watch_dogs on the wii u or release a gameplay trailer or allowing nintendo focused media to preview the game or send review copies to media or chosing a release date close to the biggest Wii U title.

Consumers should definitely blindly spend their hard earnt money on a product they have no information.

Fuck being reasonable

If it sold this bad on PS3/X360, It would have been a disaster on WiiU. I believe AC:Rogue bad sales were FW numbers were fully expected by UBI.

Skidmore said:
KLXVER said:

There are several things that baffles me. Capcom not releasing Resident Evil Revelations 2 for the WiiU or Konami not releasing Pro Evolution Soccer on it. Fifa is not one the console. You would have a complete monopoly.

Theres not thinking your games will sell on the WiiU and then theres just stupidity in management, like in these two cases...

There is Fifa in the 3DS and the old Wii, and they sell nothing. I skipped Fifa 2013 in the Wii U, because it was damm Fifa 2012, I was waiting for the 2014 with all features, which never came. End up buying the half baked port of 2012 renamed as 2013.

I don't know about the Wii U, but I know the Vita is still on FIFA 11. I have not touched it...

Don't worry about Rouge, it cost next to nothing to make given they reused most of the environments.

Then there's the PC and next-gen ports to come in about 6 months. That's what I'm waiting for

maverick40 said:
Skidmore said:

Rayman proved it.

Ubisoft have tried to release serious games on Nintendo platforms and they have failed to sell suffience copies. They said the reason they are not putting any more serious games on Wii u is because they sell like shit.

AC: Rogue was made by a B-team using assets from AC: Black Flag. It is pretty much a reskinned version of that game with less content. 

I played Zombi U it was good but flawed, I played AC III and AC IV, both of them suffered from serious framerate problems due to bad porting. I bought Rayman Legends and Child of Light, these were very well crafted games for the Wii U, and Rayman it end up selling better than its next gen competitors, even though they delayed the game.

So ZombiU and Rayman Legends were just two games made with U in mind, ZombiU did quite good sales, for a doomed console. You might say that ACV was a disaster and still selling, but look they already release a patch and will release another, with U no one release patches.

I bought Injustice, there was missing lobby.

I bought Fifa 13, it was missing all features of Fifa 13. 

AC III / AC IV had serious framerate problems, both which I bought.

I understand companies not wanting to release games in the Wii U due to poor sales, but when they do release, they release incomplete games with a lot of bugs, this is a disrespect. First a lot of people will skip them to buy in bugless plataforms and also the one who bought will skip their next installment.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

i think they should let unity for 2015, and focus 2014 entirely in AC rogue. Make it crossgen and bring for the 5 consoles.