By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade's story "basic" compared to X, main script writer returning, other details

Mystro-Sama said:
They better be able to deliver after all this hype.

So disappointed seeing comments like this.

The game is literally Xenoblade but bigger and with mechs and a few mechanics changes. If you liked Xenoblade you can expect them to "deliver."

And I don't see how any of the Takahashi quotes in this thread are him hyping the game up, as far as I can see he's just sharing information about the development process. He said the game is more sci-fi than fantasy this time around and that it has more text than Xenoblade. Does that pass for hype now?

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Mystro-Sama said:
They better be able to deliver after all this hype.

So disappointed seeing comments like this.

The game is literally Xenoblade but bigger and with mechs and a few mechanics changes. If you liked Xenoblade you can expect them to "deliver."

And I don't see how any of the Takahashi quotes in this thread are him hyping the game up, as far as I can see he's just sharing information about the development process. He said the game is more sci-fi than fantasy this time around and that it has more text than Xenoblade. Does that pass for hype now?

So dissapointed to see comments like yours.

How can you possibly have so much faith in a developer that just mentioning that this game might be a let down is out of the question?

Talking about a game can be hype depending on how you see it.

Mystro-Sama said:

So dissapointed to see comments like yours.

How can you possibly have so much faith in a developer that just mentioning that this game might be a let down is out of the question?

Talking about a game can be hype depending on how you see it.

Explain to me which part of "it's sci-fi now and has more text" could turn out to be a Molyneux-esque deception they fail to "deliver" on.

Describing your game now counts as hyping it to unmeetable expectations? It's sci-fi. You can plainly see that. It's got spaceships and aliens and lasers and gundams and shit. How could they fail to deliver on making the game sci-fi at this point?

There is a difference between being skeptical and baselessly calling the director a liar.

The only true "hype" thing might be the idea of fleshed out cultures, which many game struggle with beyond just aesthetics. Otherwise, just nice communication from the devs, which I appreciate. I like Nintendo's current focus on transparency and more direct delivery of information to consumers. Also, looking forward to this game.

Clyde32 said:

Quote anyone that said it will have the best story in the world.

Does this count?

Around the Network

I felt better for Xenoblade Chronicles X story when I didn't know that one of the writers from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY was involved combined with the player created main character and MMO features previous trailers have hinted and shown signs of.

That being said, I will still give it a shot after all Xenoblade exceeded my expectations by a mile, maybe this will continue the trend. Also I want to see how they improve on how Xenoblade played as well.

More developer commentary:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/04/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-says-hes-finally-made-game-always-wanted/

Today’s Xenoblade Chronicles X tweets by director Tetsuya Takahashi once again touched upon the mechs (called “Dolls”) in the game. Takahashi set aside talk of the game’s art staff to speak a little bit about the Dolls this morning.

“The Dolls’ height is about five times that of an adult, making them around 9-10 metres high,” Takahashi said. “This was calculated as the best [human-to-robot] ratio when taking fights or field exploration with both Dolls and humans present into consideration.”

“If the Dolls were bigger than that, the map would also need to be bigger, so we decided upon this size not due to budget constraints, but because it would lead to much slower exploration in human form.”

You may recall that, in an interview with Edge magazine a few months ago, Takahashi stated that the map in Xenoblade Chronicles X is over five times larger than that of Xenoblade.

In his final tweet for the day, Takahashi said: “15 years have passed since Monolith was founded, and I believe that with this game I have finally met the challenge I had within me, of creating an RPG in which humans and robots can co-exist.”

Man I love Takahashi.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/08/sin-punishment-2-art-director-designed-enemies-xenoblade-chronicles-x/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

''Returning to the original subject, today I'll present Mr. Yasushi Suzuki. His skills are top-notch, be it for character, mecha or landscapes design. I'd meant to work with him one day and this wish has finally come true with this project.

For this project, he's mainly in charge of enemy mechs. The huge mech that appears in the last cut of the previously released [promotional video] (E3 2013) was also designed by him!

Next up is Mr. Raita Kazama. I believe some people already know him, as he's also drawn beautiful images for the previous Xenoblade.

For this project, I've mainly asked him to design the alien NPCs and the primitive lifeforms inhabiting the planet. Despite being an illustrator with a delicate touch, he himself is the macho bodybuilder type, lol.''

An interesting of note is that Suzuki was previously a character and effects designer on the Sin & Punishment games for N64 and Wii.

KLXVER said:
Cubedramirez said:

This game cannot be anymore hyped in my mind than it already is. I WOULD love a HD release of the original game to be bundled, however I have already prepared myself to accept that Nintendo and I are not on the same page with that idea.

Not sure if thats necessary since the WiiU is BC with Wii games. I wouldnt complain if they included it though

upscale to 1080p so the textures don't look so SD on my screen.