By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade's story "basic" compared to X, main script writer returning, other details

By the way -- this seems important -- the "Tweet" in the OP is, of course, merely an unofficial translation of a Japanese comment.

On the sister site, a very nice poster named StreetsAhead has done his own translation:

"Today I'll talk a little about the development staff. Yuichiro Takeda is the main writer for this games' script, following on from his work on Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. He's written a more heavy sci-fi story for us this time, compared to the previous games' classical fantasy."

Nothing about the plot in X being deeper or Xenoblade being basic by comparison. So, we might have 9 pages of overreactions on our hands here.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
the_dengle said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Uh oh. "Deep story" in a JRPG usually means batshit insane that most will not have the time or interest to figure out. Like what happened in the Kingdom Hearts franchise after the first. I'd much rather they go the XC route for plot than that.

Why does everyone want to project Square-Enix's missteps onto Monolith Soft

Why does every one of Nintendo's fans act like Nintendo never releases anything less than perfection?

Why are you so insistent on Xenoblade X being bad? 

Clyde32 said:

You should quote me anywhere on the site that I said Xenoblade X would be bad.  I said just because the game is said to have a long or deep storyline doesn't mean the story will be good.  Not saying it'll be bad either, but Nintendo fans are making posts like it's goingi to have the best story in the world and you've seen what, at most a couple minutes of story footage about what might be 20 hour game excluding side content?

kupomogli said:
Clyde32 said:

You should quote me anywhere on the site that I said Xenoblade X would be bad.  I said just because the game is said to have a long or deep storyline doesn't mean the story will be good.  Not saying it'll be bad either, but Nintendo fans are making posts like it's goingi to have the best story in the world and you've seen what, at most a couple minutes of story footage about what might be 20 hour game excluding side content?

Quote anyone that said it will have the best story in the world.

kupomogli said:
the_dengle said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Uh oh. "Deep story" in a JRPG usually means batshit insane that most will not have the time or interest to figure out. Like what happened in the Kingdom Hearts franchise after the first. I'd much rather they go the XC route for plot than that.

Why does every one of Nintendo's fans act like Nintendo never releases anything less than perfection?

Ask me about Smash Bros, Wind Waker, or Metroid Other M some time.

But more to the point, why does people having a positive outlook on an upcoming title get you so worked up?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:
the_dengle said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

But more to the point, why does people having a positive outlook on an upcoming title get you so worked up?

That's a minority opinion to have on most of those. But why not keep it closer to home? Monolith made Disaster: Day of Crysis, and that one was far from perfect.

HollyGamer said:
There is no doubt this game will be the a great appetizer of the JRPG on current gen games before Final Fantasy XV and other great title to come in the future. :)

Xenoblade will be the whole feast.

Clyde32 said:
curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:

That's a minority opinion to have on most of those. But why not keep it closer to home? Monolith made Disaster: Day of Crysis, and that one was far from perfect.

Doesn't matter if it's a minority, he claimed every Nintendo fan praisded every Nintendo game as  perfection, which is a blatant falsehood.

And I never played Disaster Day of Crisis so I cannot comment.

More info:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/242701-xenoblade-chronicles-x-information-from-translated-tweets

- Next to Kunihiko Tanaka's designs, the team has many other artists working on different types of designs
- Various alien races in the game
- Tetsuya Takahasi wants to really bring out the various unique characteristics in their cultures
- For the graphics in the game to be able to reflect the different cultures, they have different artists fleshing out the details in the design phase
- We already have seen one of the unannounced races on the early tease site from Monolith 
- Script is not written by Yuichiro Takeda alone
- Compared to Xenoblade, this time there is a lot more text to handle
- Kazuho Hyodo, who is an anime script writer, was brought in to help with the workload
- He has much experience with sci-fi works, so Takahashi is not worried
- Next week, Takahashi will be introducing some of the design staff for the game

They better be able to deliver after all this hype.