By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade's story "basic" compared to X, main script writer returning, other details

So do we consider this a new IP from Nintendo or do we consider it to be the same as the first game?

Because there are a lot of people saying that Nintendo never makes any new IPs lol, even though that's not really true.

Around the Network

Already posted in Nintendomination, but some more tidbits:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243486-xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-reveals-two-more-artists-involved

“Today, I present Ms. Yoko Tsukamoto. I believe that by hearing her name, you’ll understand that the Xenoblade Chronicles X world isn’t built only upon sci-fi elements.”

- Tsukamoto has served as an illustrator on games like Half-Minute Hero, Lord of Vermilion, and also provided artwork for the first Xenoblade 

“Then there’s Mr. Takashi Koko. His solemn landscapes are fantastic, but this time around I’ve mainly put him in charge of enemy designs. His designs for large enemies are particularly great, and the strongest unique enemy [in the game] is also his creation. The Growth Soldiers which you’ll probably see the most throughout the game (and crush, lol) were also designed by him.”

- Koko's past credits include Gravity Rush, Sol Trigger, 7th Dragon 2020-II, Senran Kagura and more

curl-6 said:

Already posted in Nintendomination, but some more tidbits:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243486-xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-reveals-two-more-artists-involved

“Today, I present Ms. Yoko Tsukamoto. I believe that by hearing her name, you’ll understand that the Xenoblade Chronicles X world isn’t built only upon sci-fi elements.”

- Tsukamoto has served as an illustrator on games like Half-Minute Hero, Lord of Vermilion, and also provided artwork for the first Xenoblade 

“Then there’s Mr. Takashi Koko. His solemn landscapes are fantastic, but this time around I’ve mainly put him in charge of enemy designs. His designs for large enemies are particularly great, and the strongest unique enemy [in the game] is also his creation. The Growth Soldiers which you’ll probably see the most throughout the game (and crush, lol) were also designed by him.”

- Koko's past credits include Gravity Rush, Sol Trigger, 7th Dragon 2020-II, Senran Kagura and more

This is probably the weirdest game studio Nintendo has to me. They don't really seem to fit in, but that's not necesarily a bad thing of course. I wonder what future games they will develop and if they will ever work on established NIntendo franchises. Well, they did help with Pikmin 3, AC and ALBW, three great games. 

KLXVER said:
Shortiloe said:
Can't wait to wait at least 6 Months after the japanese launch for a western release. :<

Xenoblade Chronicles has sold more in europe than in Japan and more in the US than europe and Japan combined, so I dont know...

Yeah the game is already confirmed to be coming out in the us in 2015.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/506487150125535235/photo/1

Samus Aran said:

So do we consider this a new IP from Nintendo or do we consider it to be the same as the first game?

Because there are a lot of people saying that Nintendo never makes any new IPs lol, even though that's not really true.

As it stands, Xenoblade Chronicles is a new IP, but that may change once X comes out. If X does what I think it will do, the timeline will go like this. 

Xenoblade Chronicles => Xenoblade Chronicles X => Xenosaga I => Xenosaga II => Xenosaga III => Xenogears

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

This is probably the weirdest game studio Nintendo has to me. They don't really seem to fit in, but that's not necesarily a bad thing of course. 

That's what I love about them; they bring variety to Nintendo's first party lineup by making the kind of games EAD proper doesn't.