By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade's story "basic" compared to X, main script writer returning, other details

WhiteEaglePL said:
I'm sorry guys, I'm really sorry. But Xenoblade is way way way too hardcore for me.p

Sounds very deep and awesome though . But that positive is a negative for me since I know this game takes FOREVER to finish.

Perhaps you should try Xenoblade. Maybe you aren't as casual as you think.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

You mentioned Xenogears, an older game they developed with a deep storyline that was actually good.  I followed up with Xenosaga 2, a game that pushed a deep storyline that was terrible.  Now you're saying time of release matters.  Fine.  Super Robot Taisen Endless Frontier?  Project X Zone?  More MonolithSoft games with some story heavy garbage.  

Again.  Just because the game has a "long and deep story" doesn't mean that story is going to be entertaining.  Infact it might be downright awful.  Star Ocean the Last Hope has a trailer in this thread and that's yet another prime example of a storyline that's complete garbage.     

Pretty sure those are more Banpresto than Monolith Soft. Anyway they're certainly not Takahashi.

Doesn't matter much to me, honestly I don't go into video games expecting Shakespeare, which is good because I'd be disappointed every time.

the_dengle said:

Xenoblade Wii got an awesome trailer 5 months before its American release. Not sure when this one was shown for Japan or Europe relative to their release dates.

Of course, it reveals very little about the story, opting to introduce the world and characters and then show a bunch of gameplay followed by extremely late-game scenes which are meaningless when taken out of context. Not unlike what we've seen of Xenoblade X.

This makes me want to boycott X trailers for fear of spoilers now... XD

curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:

Xenoblade Wii got an awesome trailer 5 months before its American release. Not sure when this one was shown for Japan or Europe relative to their release dates.

Of course, it reveals very little about the story, opting to introduce the world and characters and then show a bunch of gameplay followed by extremely late-game scenes which are meaningless when taken out of context. Not unlike what we've seen of Xenoblade X.

This makes me want to boycott X trailers for fear of spoilers now... XD

Might be too late. We've already seen the game becoming Gundam. I would just say don't do a frame-by-frame analysis of trailers going forward. I kind of doubt they will deliberately spoil too much... but it might not be a bad idea to start avoiding info. I already know more about this game than I knew about Xenoblade when I started it.

the_dengle said:

Might be too late. We've already seen the game becoming Gundam. I would just say don't do a frame-by-frame analysis of trailers going forward. I kind of doubt they will deliberately spoil too much... but it might not be a bad idea to start avoiding info. I already know more about this game than I knew about Xenoblade when I started it.

It's too late for that... I've been googling X analysis' all afternoon.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
kupomogli said:
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:

In the case of Xenogears though, it worked for it.  There was so much plot and narrative in Xenogears that despite it being tiring occassionally it made the game that much more special.  Well that and the characters were awesome.

In the case of Xenosaga 2 it didn't work.  The storyline was garbage.  See what I did there?

No, what did you do there?  Show us, oh great pie in the sky.  Amen.

So you didn't like Xenosaga 2 then?  Never played it myself, but wouldn't it be better to go by more recent games made by Monolith Soft to see what they're capable of?  That is, if they do a longer, deeper story?

You mentioned Xenogears, an older game they developed with a deep storyline that was actually good.  I followed up with Xenosaga 2, a game that pushed a deep storyline that was terrible.  Now you're saying time of release matters.  Fine.  Super Robot Taisen Endless Frontier?  Project X Zone?  More MonolithSoft games with some story heavy garbage.  

Again.  Just because the game has a "long and deep story" doesn't mean that story is going to be entertaining.  Infact it might be downright awful.  Star Ocean the Last Hope has a trailer in this thread and that's yet another prime example of a storyline that's complete garbage.     

Actually besides time line, I was basing it off of Monolith's resolve.  More so their resolve and determination rather than recency.  

the_dengel provided a link of analysis  about XCX and I noticed that Monolith during the tokyo earthquakes seemed to be in a very determined frame of mind to make a great game and despite the quakes.  Having your lead developers be emotionally invested is a very good thing.  It shows heart and a passion that will most definitely reflect the quality of a game.  So I'd say it can't get much better than that.

Lube Me Up

Clyde32 said:
the_dengle said:

Well, I did say going forward. There doesn't seem to be TOO much we can infer from what we've seen so far. Especially since a lot of it is in Japanese. I haven't been avoiding analyses at all, and I don't think I've seen anything I would consider a spoiler.

the_dengle said:
Clyde32 said:
the_dengle said:

Well, I did say going forward. There doesn't seem to be TOO much we can infer from what we've seen so far. Especially since a lot of it is in Japanese. I haven't been avoiding analyses at all, and I don't think I've seen anything I would consider a spoiler.

I dunno man, that one you posted was pretty detailed. I think I'll follow that guy in case he makes any more.

Clyde32 said:

I dunno man, that one you posted was pretty detailed. I think I'll follow that guy in case he makes any more.

I've been checking that channel like every day for 4 months and he hasn't uploaded anything Xenoblade related the whole time.

Here, have this instead. Happy thanksgiving. :P

the_dengle said:
Clyde32 said:

I've been checking that channel like every day for 4 months and he hasn't uploaded anything Xenoblade related the whole time.

Here, have this instead. Happy thanksgiving. :P

Did you write this doc?