By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will the Xbox One's baseline be next year?

Where do you see the baseline?

30-40k 26 15.12%

41-50k 8 4.65%

51-60k 17 9.88%

61-70k 35 20.35%

71-80k 24 13.95%

81-90k 29 16.86%

91-100k 11 6.40%

101-110k 5 2.91%

111-120k 2 1.16%

Over 120k 15 8.72%

Total:172

I guess somewhere around 70/80k, but only time will tell, it is going to outsell the WII U every week of the year that's a given.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

what bannana said

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Troll_Whisperer said:

However, this got me thinking that many current sales might also have been brought forward from buyers that were going to buy it eventually. I mean, why buy it for 399 later when you can get it for 329 with two games?

Although its the the price cuts that have allowed it to compete with ps4 (and outsell recently it in UK/US), I thinks its the games which have really provided it with overall boost the last few months (Fifa, Destiny, AC, COD). This will carry on into next year with Q1 with Witcher 3, Evolve, Dying Light, Battefield. 

I think it will drop quite a bit below the the PS4s Q1 baseline, but I think it will still be quite high. Probably around 100k mark, PS4 will be doubling it IMO

lol, who are the nutters who put 30-40k? Simply not happening. 40k is gonna be North America alone, and thats still quite conservative IMO.

teigaga said:
lol, who are the nutters who put 30-40k? Simply not happening. 40k is gonna be North America alone, and thats still quite conservative IMO.

No one is expecting it to crash and burn in the US or UK but everwhere else worldwide

it will go down in flames especially with a lack of major exlcuisves and new bundles(which won't help much like the price cut and titanfall bundle outside of US and UK).

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Can you tell me what releases xbone has for 2015?70K-80(we saw it selling one week 70k in September and other one week 80k in October)Inform me for its game releases,to decide if i will reduce it!

OfficerRaichu15 said:
teigaga said:

No one is expecting it to crash and burn in the US or UK but everwhere else worldwide

it will go down in flames especially with a lack of major exlcuisves and new bundles(which won't help much like the price cut and titanfall bundle outside of US and UK).

I don't see the relevance? My point is US and Uk alone secure it 40k

Also people put too much emphasis on exclusives, big games sell systems and there are quite a few next Q1- X1 is not dropping back to 40k for the foreseable future. 

tak13 said:
Can you tell me what releases xbone has for 2015?70K-80(we saw it selling one week 70k in September and other one week 80k in October)Inform me for its game releases,to decide if i will reduce it!

At the moment is this what the first half of the year is looking like.

Dying light (next gen exclusive)
Wicther 3 (next gen exclusive)
Evolve (next gen exclusive)
Battlefield Hardline 
Fable Legends (X1 exclusive)
Arkham Knight (next gen exclusive)

Hardware sales are not going to sit idle because devs in 2015 have now quit the PS3 and 360. people have to take that into account when presuming a baseline.

teigaga said:
tak13 said:

At the moment is this what the first half of the year is looking like.

Dying light (next gen exclusive)
Wicther 3 (next gen exclusive)
Evolve (next gen exclusive)
Battlefield Hardline 
Fable Legends (X1 exclusive)
Arkham Knight (next gen exclusive)

Hardware sales are not going to sit idle because devs in 2015 have now quit the PS3 and 360. people have to take that into account when presuming a baseline.

What does next gen exclusive mean?

tak13 said:

Good start and finish to the year with a pretty big dry spell in the middle, I'd say. Then again, that's not rare for a console.

Not bad Q1 with Dying Light, Evolve, Witcher 3... Not much in Q2, but June has Batman. Then the summer looks dry all the way to the holiday season. Then Halo 5, Tomb Raider and possibly Forza and / or Scalebound in the holiday season. I might be missing something.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.