By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So wait, why the heck is there no SSBU bundle?

AnthonyW86 said:

They know trying to win more marketshareis a lost cause so they are trying to make as much on every release as they can.

That sounds reasonable enough to me. Nintendo has historically went after profit over engaging in competition. They do seem to be looking squarely at profit this holiday season, without much regard for how they fair against Microsoft and Sony.

It's quite possible that Nintendo moves the fewest units this holiday and still comes out the big "winner" in terms of money made. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Because at $250 and with a gamecube controller included, I would actually buy... They don't want me.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Because at $250 and with a gamecube controller included, I would actually buy... They don't want me.

That wouldn't be very profitable though.

AnthonyW86 said:

They know trying to win more marketshareis a lost cause so they are trying to make as much on every release as they can.

this - they want to sell their 3.6 million console goal this fiscal year and little 

Because Nintendo is dumb,

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:
AnthonyW86 said:

That sounds reasonable enough to me. Nintendo has historically went after profit over engaging in competition. They do seem to be looking squarely at profit this holiday season, without much regard for how they fair against Microsoft and Sony.

It's quite possible that Nintendo moves the fewest units this holiday and still comes out the big "winner" in terms of money made. 

i agree but at some point (def not this fiscal year) they will have to address market share - they have already shrunk significantly as a company since the wii days- they can only shrink so much before it becomesa threat to their operating viability 

NintendoSupporter<3 said:
Because Nintendo is dumb,

Making more money = dumb? Nahhhh. Like AnthonyW86 said, its not about the marketshare anymore and SSB is a game that sells console all on its own.

Games that need to be bundled imo would be DK:TF and PIKMIN 3 Those titles will keep selling but not as much, these games are the ones that would benifet with bundles and especially pikmin would get more attention. 

Maybe there's going to be one in December? I can see it happen!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

People don't need a bundle to buy a Wii U and Smash, unlike MK8 which really helps push it farther

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Bundled games are essentially given away for free. Nintendo fans will buy the game so there's no need to bundle it.