By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WOAH. Smash Wii U looks GORGEOUS!!

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
I think Nintendo games tend to look better in motion for some reason.

60fps.

That implies that Nintendo games that run at 30fps don't look better in motion.

The actual reason is more likely bullshots.

If it was bullshots, it would better in stills.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

It's all a matter of perception. Yes, it's not Nintendo who uses bullshots, but everyone else does. Therefore screenshot comparisons suggest that Nintendo games aren't really good looking.

Kind of like how Nintendo gave real world performance figures for Gamecube while Sony/MS gave misleading theoretical benchmarks for PS2/Xbox, leading to the false assumption that Gamecube was far weaker.

I have noticed that all games tend to look better when you actually get them.

Screenshots & YouTube vids don't show what a game really looks like.

Before anyone says anything, yes PS4 & XBone games too.

curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

It's all a matter of perception. Yes, it's not Nintendo who uses bullshots, but everyone else does. Therefore screenshot comparisons suggest that Nintendo games aren't really good looking.

Kind of like how Nintendo gave real world performance figures for Gamecube while Sony/MS gave misleading theoretical benchmarks for PS2/Xbox, leading to the false assumption that Gamecube was far weaker.

that's how you sell crap as gold

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

riderz13371 said:

No srsly post pics pls I wanna see.

Play the game!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said:

Play the game!

No Wii U. I don't have any next gen consoles yet lol

riderz13371 said:
tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said:

Play the game!

No Wii U. I don't have any next gen consoles yet lol

Wattttt??? But seriously, its definitely a huge difference seeing it up close, and some stages looks absolutely amazing in the game. Anyway hope you get a next gen (curret gen) console soon :)

I thought they were mediocre with all those trailers and screenshots but I notice that the videos that were recorded with a camcorder looked really good. Today when I saw it I couldn't believe how beautiful and good the game looks and this is the 4th game the 5th will be fap fap in the graphics

KLAMarine said:
platformmaster918 said:
It's very pretty, but Nintendo art style is pretty basic.

There is beauty in simplicity.

Yeah I like it for their games.  Keeps things nostalgic which honestly is why I buy Nintendo lol for refined nostalgia

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

The crispness/clarity of the image would be dat sweet sweet 1080p

Anyway, this tends to be the case with the majority of games, especially if they're 1080p (60fps isn't an issue anymore, in video at least). The best way to get a 'proper' look at how a game will look is to download some uncompressed footage that was rendered at the games native performance output.