By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WOAH. Smash Wii U looks GORGEOUS!!

platformmaster918 said:
It's very pretty, but Nintendo art style is pretty basic.

So, Nintendo should have gone photorealistic with the character designs?

Around the Network

From what I saw before I thought it looked OK, but dang 1080p/60fps along with a wonderful art style best graphics in a while. But gameplay is killer

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

I'm still not convinced 1080p was the best decision for a 60fps game on Wii U, it does seem to have taken a noticeable toll on the textures, shaders, and modelling.
(Then again, I haven't played the game, I'm only going off online pics/vids)

fory77 said:
tbone51 said:

Wattttt??? But seriously, its definitely a huge difference seeing it up close, and some stages looks absolutely amazing in the game. Anyway hope you get a next gen (curret gen) console soon :)

How amazing will it look after the best looking game i've played is Twilight Princess (GC)? In other words: How amazing is the jump from 6th-8th gen?

Jump? More like a rocket blast

fory77 said:

How amazing will it look after the best looking game i've played is Twilight Princess (GC)? In other words: How amazing is the jump from 6th-8th gen?

Less dramatic than the jump from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess.

Around the Network

I can't buy a Wii U right now as I am saving for my student trip to France, but I really wish that I could get this!

fory77 said:
tbone51 said:

Wattttt??? But seriously, its definitely a huge difference seeing it up close, and some stages looks absolutely amazing in the game. Anyway hope you get a next gen (curret gen) console soon :)

This big:

/

TheLegendaryWolf said:
platformmaster918 said:

So, Nintendo should have gone photorealistic with the character designs?

Super Mortal Kombat Bros. confirmed?

platformmaster918 said:
KLAMarine said:
platformmaster918 said:

There is beauty in simplicity.

Yeah I like it for their games.  Keeps things nostalgic which honestly is why I buy Nintendo lol for refined nostalgia

I've often wondered what my 8 year old self would think if I went back to 1989 with a Wii-U and a copy of say, SSB. 

It looks like an HD smash brothers, what can you say? It's not really amazing at all but still fun.