By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Super Smash Bros. for Wii U sell in the first week in the US?

Do you think Smash Bros. U will sell over 500k in the US?

yes 259 87.21%

no 38 12.79%

Total:297

USA alone over 500K for sure, but if you meant NA then certainly over 500K.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Seece said:
Materia-Blade said:
Seece said:
Materia-Blade said:

Smash isn't as big in the US as the Wii figures suggest. At most it's at the Gamecube levels.

It might not be for obvious reasons but SSBU we really cant go on about anything as of now.

~SSBB (Wii) was on wii so huge launch and it doesn't really tell us about wat to expect SSBU do sell FW

~SSBM (GCN) Was launch game for the system so no userbase at all.

~SSB 64 launched late (also new ip) and had nothing to go for it except a random (and memorable) commercial so its fw obviously cant be based on either.

SSBU is all up in the air. can do 500k FW, or maybe even 800k. Too hard to tell :0

Seece said:
Materia-Blade said:

you mean the games that hasn't stopped selling? then why don't you discredit the x360 too? sales were unusually high for an xbox.

read up there, there's no denying in US, the halo fanbase is somewhat bigger than smash. but mcc won't sell anywhere near as brand new halos.

Mk8 will be also be way above mcc. halo 5 may be a different story.

Still not looked at the links have you.

Halo 2 sold 7m~ despite much smaller userbase.

Halo MCC doesn't need to sell as big as mainline Halo to outsell Smash first week (or month). Mainline Halo is like 3.3m in the US first month. MCC only needs to be 1/3rd of that.

you didn't put any link there. mcc won't outsell smash first week if it does this 1/3rd of halo's month.

Well, I'm going with 750k.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Similar to the 3DS version.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

650K.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

~600k FW US, and then another large week for Black Friday/European release, and then another for Japanese launch. I'm calling >1.5m WW by the time it's been released in all major territories.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
~600k FW US, and then another large week for Black Friday/European release, and then another for Japanese launch. I'm calling >1.5m WW by the time it's been released in all major territories.

its going to be pass 1 million usa alone by japan launch most likely eu should be 200k-350k and japan will bring in 450k

so 1.6 million at least or 1.8 million by then

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

My prediction for USA is 605,160 units sold through via retail.

If for some reason sales go to over 700k first week I will say now that it won't exceed 721,600 units.