By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Super Smash Bros. for Wii U sell in the first week in the US?

Do you think Smash Bros. U will sell over 500k in the US?

yes 259 87.21%

no 38 12.79%

Total:297

490k US. (Digital as well) so around 450k???

So I was right in the end about Halo > Smash

Around the Network

Well, considering that people are reporting Global Smash Power scores of over 700k, and I doubt the people reporting that were the best Smash players in the world, I'm guessing 800k minimum, 900k easily, and 1 million a possibility.

Edit: Oh wait, 490? Well then that must be just that first two days, and it grew since then.

HylianSwordsman said:
Well, considering that people are reporting Global Smash Power scores of over 700k, and I doubt the people reporting that were the best Smash players in the world, I'm guessing 800k minimum, 900k easily, and 1 million a possibility.

lol results are already in, 490k including digital.

Seece said:
HylianSwordsman said:

See the edit. 490k is the first three days, apparently, not two days, but I sincerely doubt 490k copies somehow turned into over 700k separate Wii U accounts playing the game.

HylianSwordsman said:
Seece said:
HylianSwordsman said:

See the edit. 490k is the first three days, apparently, not two days, but I sincerely doubt 490k copies somehow turned into over 700k separate Wii U accounts playing the game.

I already knew that, and the 700k figure you're coming out with is pointless. This 490k first 3 days Phsy and Digital is from Nintendo themselves.

Around the Network
Seece said:

I already knew that, and the 700k figure you're coming out with is pointless. This 490k first 3 days Phsy and Digital is from Nintendo themselves.

I'm not arguing that it didn't come from Nintendo. I'm saying more copies have sold since then. It was almost 500k then, another 100k would make the GSP numbers make a little more sense. Only other way they'd make sense is if a LOT of Wii U owners have multiple Wii Us per household, which might explain why the attach rates for the system are so pathetic.

loool we were all mostly off
guessing AC:U and Far cry 4 , gta v beat smash bros handily
guessing lbp3 is at 200-300k

Looks like a lot of these predictions were a bit over-optimistic. In retrospect, the results of the poll are pretty interesting.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

This is only 3 days of sales so it could very well be over 600,000 to 800,000 first week either way this game sold very well ....

700k sounds reasonable.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian