By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is MS doing enough to win you over/back

The benefits of losing :)

I honestly feel the way PS3 fans felt in 2013....proud of all the support my favourite console is getting, while looking at the other guy and noticing how complacent they were just because they could afford to.

Yea I admit that about MS. Back then, you couldn't let the enemy see your pain lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Basically MS tried their best to change me from a multiplatform gamer to solely a PlayStation gamer and they succeeded with flying colors. Congrats MS.

DerNebel said:

Liar

"Being a loyal Xbox guy myself, I simply felt forced to turn away from them afterwards and felt no guilt or console loyatly when deciding that a PS4 was the way to go."

Do you think that people can't check the few posts/threads you made over the course of the last year? Including "Impressed by the PS4...blown away by the Xbox One"?

c'mon dude.. is there any post on this site, no matter how innocuous or straightforward, that isn't subjected to another commentator trying to start a fire, or just being an argumentative fanboy.

what is wrong with you?

it's an honest post.

while you were combing through my past topics/profile.. did you happen to notice any Xbox One games I've been playing? Probably not and you want to know why... 'cause I don't OWN an Xbox One. No matter how impressed I was with it upon release.. and I was.. I wasn't planning on buying one specifically because of that disasterous E3 briefing. And I still don't own one.

What's the point in being such a completel tool? Is that really necessary?

What would have been wrong with simply answering the topic instead being douchebag and calling me a liar.

Moderated - Kresnik.

No, and there will be no "winning me back" this generation at least. It's not just about what they can fix and offer me; the problem is that they thought all of that stuff was okay in the first place. Doing damage control does not mean they've changed. They're still a company that desperately wants to do everything they set out to do, and they will try to do it all anyway, just at a slower pace now. I'm not investing my time and money into a platform/company that sees me the way they illustrated at the reveal and following E3--like a bag of meat and money that will suck up whatever crap they feed me, because fuck me, that's why.

It doesn't matter if the Xbone becomes the cheapest system with all the best games and services. I feel like if I bought it, I would just be bending over and begging Microsoft to have their way with me. People will call me stubborn or stupid or whatever, but I'm just not supporting that company. We build the world around us, and I feel that buying an Xbone is casting a vote in favor of everything that's going wrong with the industry.

Rant over.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

They won me back after Phil told us his vision for the future of Xbox.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

I honestly feel the way PS3 fans felt in 2013....proud of all the support my favourite console is getting, while looking at the other guy and noticing how complacent they were just because they could afford to.

Yea I admit that about MS. Back then, you couldn't let the enemy see your pain lol

Jesus Christ, when did you come back?

Going back to them is basically saying you can try and pull whatever you like but it's OK all you need to do is pretend you love me for a year and all will be OK. I was never on Xbox but if I was I would have been pissed while the only notable exclusives they had for the 360's last 3 years were halo, fable and gears.

sales2099 said:

Yea I admit that about MS. Back then, you couldn't let the enemy see your pain lol

The enemy being who exactly?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Unfortunately, I was a fan of the original Xbox.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:

Jesus Christ, when did you come back?

Taking 2nd 4x faster then PS3 taking it calls for celebration :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.