By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Weekly 15 November and BIG Adjustments

Kerotan said:

I wonder if they could preserve the series longevity by putting it on a 2 year release cycle. Can a publisher like Ubi even do that anymore? They massively inflated their stock price with the milking of this. I'm not sure investors would approve with a drop in revenue even if it's the best for the series survival. 

One year for Assassin's Creed and one year for Watch Dogs, I believe that would the best way to go for Ubisoft both for maintaining revenue and giving the developer enough time to deliver something that is not broken like Unity.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
BMaker11 said:

If this is accurate, then good god, worldwide is gonna be a bloodbath

Dunno whether you are talking about the software or hardware sales... but it's worth mentioning that those hardware sales in the OP are worldwide (and not quite what VGC says either).

I was referring to hardware sales. OP says it's just US sales and the only numbers available for the 15th right now are US (at least, only US shows up for Nov 15th here --> http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/), so I assumed it was just the US.

But 505K and 445K is a little high pre-BF, so clearly I was wrong and jumped to conclusions

bananaking21 said:
Upward adjustments for both ps4 and xb1 it seems. A 16 million sold through announent at the december even doesnt seem to much out of the question.

'And just to clarify, that's sold to customers ...'

The PS5 Exists. 

FInally!, VGC adjusted up XBO and PS4 just how much I was saying it was necesary all along. With XBO nearing 8 mill sold, it will absolutely cross 10m before 2015, and above everything else, my prediction of PS4 reaching 20 mill before 2015 is becoming more accurate by the day. PS4 will probably finish November with 16-17 mill, so 3-4 more million sold in December and there you have it.

Historical numbers for XBO and PS4 incoming, and good times to discuss them.

If the HW numbers are close to correct, PS4 is going into this week with ~ -240K for the month against the XBone. Assuming another similar week, it'd be ~-360K heading into BF. Might be too big a gap to close for Nov's NPD. I think MS and XBone have November in the bag in the UK and now in the US as well.

Kerotan said:
AC franchise is on the slippery slope. They basically decided after AC2 to milk the shite out of it and even they must have known the gravy train would halt at some point. This could have been an epic everlasting franchise like GTA if they just avoided a yearly release. Won't be long before it's the next Need For Speed.

This. They tried to copy the CoD model, which is also on a downward spiral, but not as much as AC. I had AC2 and AC:B, everything after that seems to be crap. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
POE said:

Thank you but i donpt understand that :D

Ok, here you go

USA Europe Japan Total
PS4 146,519 235,875 14,917 502,084
Xbox One 236,952 110,660 2,387 444,674
Wii U 37,544 28,669 13,048 89,548
3DS 66,137 96,941 57,695 247,977
Vita 5,812 10,257 19,139 42,157

Thank you!!

What's with the thread title?

Anyway, as expected, impressive numbers for PS4 and X1 again. Although it seems strange that X1 seems to be getting a bigger boost in EU than PS4 is.   Only 2:1 in PS4s favour doesn't correspond with what we hear from those markets, but I guess Halo, CoD and Unity may have given it better mindshare in those countries recently

Next week's US figures should be interesting given some of what people have been saying on Neogaf and the Amazon charts

NewGuy said:
Kerotan said:
AC franchise is on the slippery slope. They basically decided after AC2 to milk the shite out of it and even they must have known the gravy train would halt at some point. This could have been an epic everlasting franchise like GTA if they just avoided a yearly release. Won't be long before it's the next Need For Speed.

This. They tried to copy the CoD model, which is also on a downward spiral, but not as much as AC. I had AC2 and AC:B, everything after that seems to be crap. 

I loved Black Flag but that was more a pirate adventure game than your typical AC. 

By how much did each console get adjusted by?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

celador said:

What's with the thread title?

Anyway, as expected, impressive numbers for PS4 and X1 again. Although it seems strange that X1 seems to be getting a bigger boost in EU than PS4 is.   Only 2:1 in PS4s favour doesn't correspond with what we hear from those markets, but I guess Halo, CoD and Unity may have given it better mindshare in those countries recently

Next week's US figures should be interesting given some of what people have been saying on Neogaf and the Amazon charts

You mean that one guy who said he's seeing a big push for the PS4? I'd like to believe he's right but one store isn't enough for me to take anything from. I still believe the XB1 will edge November, even with the inevitable boost the GTA5 and possibly Farcry 4 bundles will create. I think it will be closer than some are suggesting though.

The PS5 Exists.