By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Weekly 15 November and BIG Adjustments

BMaker11 said:
Blood_Tears said:

And did you notice X1's UK numbers are over 1M like MS announced. lol  Classic.

Wait, seriously? In the UK - XBone and Germany - PS4 threads, mods got mad at people for making fun of the website, talking about how ioi would instaboost the XBone but not PS4, and how even with the 10M annoucement, the adjusted PS4 numbers were under 10M.

Now, they go and pull the exact same thing that people called the website out for doing?

It more likely has something to do with the X1 announcement coming from a third party source that ioi trusts because they don't have any reason to tinker with those numbers (GfK through MCV), while the PS4 announcement comes from Sony, who could potentially want to present themselves in a better light by generously rounding up or something.

Still the end result doesn't really make the site look good.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

So, if tomorrow Sony do a PR :'' We have sold 2M in UK'', VGC will immediately adjust accordingly right ? And PS4 will jump at over 16M sold...

By the way, PS4 should be well over 15M sold by the week ending 22nd Nov. WOW!

How do you multi-quote on this site? Yes, I think it's going to be closer to 16 million but I was just playing it safe!

The PS5 Exists. 

DerNebel said:

It more likely has something to do with the X1 announcement coming from a third party source that ioi trusts because they don't have any reason to tinker with those numbers (GfK through MCV), while the PS4 announcement comes from Sony, who could potentially want to present themselves in a better light by generously rounding up or something.

If you're going to 'generously' round up, you say 10 million, not OVER 10 million. Sony know people quote 10 million anyway so why say 'over' if you're generously rounding up?

If you want to con people, you use words lik 'approaching' and miss words like 'shipped' on twitter.

The PS5 Exists. 

This also confirms my fear that even during Smash launch the Wii-U will not get beyond third place. Too bad, i think Nintendo deserves better.

I think Sony will make the 15, 16 or 17 million PS4 consoles sold announcement at VGX.

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

Funny how they adjusted XB1 UK numbers over 1 million, but PS4 numbers in Germany are still under 1 million. That's all i'm going to say about that to avoid getting banned.

DerNebel said:
BMaker11 said:
Blood_Tears said:

And did you notice X1's UK numbers are over 1M like MS announced. lol  Classic.

Wait, seriously? In the UK - XBone and Germany - PS4 threads, mods got mad at people for making fun of the website, talking about how ioi would instaboost the XBone but not PS4, and how even with the 10M annoucement, the adjusted PS4 numbers were under 10M.

Now, they go and pull the exact same thing that people called the website out for doing?

But "nearly shipped 10M" from MS is another story, right? XBone was adjusted up 900K today, while with the UK announcement, they were undertracked by 200K. Where'd the other 700K come from, with no other announcements from "3rd party sources that ioi trusts"? And there's no presenting themselves in better light by rounding up, when they said they sold over 10M. Not "nearly 10M", not close to 10M, not "we sold 10M". They specifically said "over", so that means 10.1M and up, not 9.9M, but let's call it 10 for convenience or 9.75M rounded up to 10. Yet, ~9.75M was where PS4 was placed.....3 weeks after the 10M announcement.

to the consoles are dead, mooks, eat your heart out. its great for the gamers!

BMaker11 said:

But "nearly shipped 10M" from MS is another story, right? XBone was adjusted up 900K today, while with the UK announcement, they were undertracked by 200K. Where'd the other 700K come from, with no other announcements from "3rd party sources that ioi trusts"? And there's no presenting themselves in better light by rounding up, when they said they sold over 10M. Not "nearly 10M", not close to 10M, not "we sold 10M". They specifically said "over", so that means 10.1M and up, not 9.9M, but let's call it 10 for convenience or 9.75M rounded up to 10. Yet, ~9.75M was where PS4 was placed.....3 weeks after the 10M announcement.

I didn't notice that. So the XB1 was adjusted by close to 1m.

The PS5 Exists. 

Dunno why people are raving on imagine how the ps4 would sellifthey were games
they are only 4 sony exclsive franchises (Uncharted , God of War , Gran Turismo and LBP) that are big like Major 3rd party games that move hardware ( like Destiny ,KH, Nba , Fifa , COD , Battlefield , MGS , Final Fantasy , DmC etc , like 15 franchises )
And they have released LBP3 and 2 of its big B tier franchises in Infamous and Killzone and remaster of their best ps3 exclsuive TLOU
all they need is great marketing and bundling
This gen is gonna be Multi Plats dependent for xb1 and ps4