By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I want to go digital - Update: I decided to go Retail

The Fury said:
zuvuyeay said:
the only problem i have is most games are £55 new release which is far to much than i will pay,i'm definitely all digital when the sales come round though so a bit of a wait on the PS4

For us Brits, it's just not worth it due to prices (VAT too). Our highstreet shops and online seem to know how to do it better. Compete to get as many sales as they can, while PSN stays at £55. I mean DA:I is £55 on PSN, i bought it and got it yesterday, played it yesterday for £37. £18 saving, that's enough basically to buy the DLC when it comes out (I won't as don't like DLC but still).

thats right,nearly £20 just can't be ignored,FC4 didn't seem to be less than £75 last night,not sure if it just hadn't released yet,still don't know why they can't be the same price these days,so many people shop on amazon,what is the difference to shopping on PSN,seems unfair

whats DA:I like,FC4 & DA:I seem to be received well,looking forward to picking them up but have to wait a few weeks for me

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

can you still have 2 PS4's to download games on when you buy digital like last gen,if you had a good mate/brother you can always split the cost of digital too

Above & Beyond

I do some digital on Ps4 and X1 and its good for the most part. That fact that you can switch games on the fly without getting up to switch disks is awesome. Only downfall I see is that you can trade or sell your games. DL times arent bad at all

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Fully digital is a waste of money, space and time. Your HD is going to full real quick. The time it takes to install +50GB games is not worth it and you fuck yourself over with the trade in value.

If you only buy 4-5 games a year it might be worth it, but certainly not if you plan on buying 3 - 4 games a month.

zuvuyeay said:

thats right,nearly £20 just can't be ignored,FC4 didn't seem to be less than £75 last night,not sure if it just hadn't released yet,still don't know why they can't be the same price these days,so many people shop on amazon,what is the difference to shopping on PSN,seems unfair

whats DA:I like,FC4 & DA:I seem to be received well,looking forward to picking them up but have to wait a few weeks for me

I'm hoping if Playstation allow multple code shops (like the amazon store), prices might get competitive. You can buy download codes from GAME but they are rarely cheaper/on sale.

DA:I is good but only played through the opening mission last night. Spent a lot of time character creation (as I'm meant to :P) and the gameplay feels between DA:O and DA2. Only issue so far is the text is tiny, I've got good eye-sight and am struggling to read some stuff (I'm not the only one either http://forum.bioware.com/topic/521310-the-font-way-too-small/ ).  I'm away for the weekend now though, so no playing until Tuesday. 

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
zuvuyeay said:

I'm hoping if Playstation allow multple code shops (like the amazon store), prices might get competitive. You can buy download codes from GAME but they are rarely cheaper/on sale.

DA:I is good but only played through the opening mission last night. Spent a lot of time character creation (as I'm meant to :P) and the gameplay feels between DA:O and DA2. Only issue so far is the text is tiny, I've got good eye-sight and am struggling to read some stuff (I'm not the only one either http://forum.bioware.com/topic/521310-the-font-way-too-small/ ).  I'm away for the weekend now though, so no playing until Tuesday. 

uh oh,small type,hard to read,seems to happen with lots of games for me unless you sit right up close,yes RPG character creation,rarely get to play in the first session,lol,same here

Above & Beyond

Lafiel said:
FlanaganPies said:
As a PS3 owner, on proper cabling, the speeds from PSN are just pitiful. What are they doing with the PS+ money? Clearly not improving their services. I get the max speeds from them too, it's just got awful (they cap out at something like 25Mbps)

my connection is 16Mbps, thanks for making me feel bad about it

I was in your position about a year ago :P 

it is shit and i will give you a recent example of why.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-san-andreas-steam-update-breaks-old-saves-remo/1100-6423473/

On a whim, you can and will lose the game or features if someone decides to flip a switch. And you really think you can download and play those games again 10 years from now? If you really have faith your not throwing money into the wind and actually own what you pay for, go for it. Me, I dont trust anybody. I buy physical most of the time, few times I have done digital, majority is physical though.

As long as you dont want to have access to those games on your next system (PS5) and good internet. I dont trust console manufacturers to turn down the money they can get by re selling you games you bought in the last gen via services like PS now.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Thank you to all who gave their opinions. You guys were very helpful with your knowledge

Just letting you know, after pondering it, I've decided to continue to buy retail versions.