By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Being a gamer is not fun anymore

Play retro-games, doesn't matter on what, it's the age that matters .

Around the Network

Become stupid and you'll be happy with gaming again and by that I mean stop paying attention to all the stuff around gaming that makes you not enjoy the hobby anymore.

That's the reason why I stay away from the whole Gamergate thing or from resolution discussions or (mostly) from "oh that dev/publisher said something stupid, let's all get really agitated about it" threads.

At the moment I'm just playing Dark Souls and blissfully looking forward to 2 weeks from now.

Do what I do: play your games, comment on topics you know won't turn to crap and ignore everything else. It's not hard to tell when some topics is going to become a fanboy war.

Do you have an xbox one? If not get one. Sunset Overdrive and Halo will cure boredom up real good for you.

Go on better sites, maybe?

Around the Network

It sounds like you need a break from the internet and all the bullshit and drama associated. Which means it's time to clear up some backlog! *hug*

Depends on your view. I felt the same way, My suggestion is to find a few friends who play games you'd never usually pick up. Play it with them. Don't set your expectations too high

Maaan, what you need to do is play some Nintendo!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I couldn't agree more with you. After the PS2 era, fanboyism ramped up drastically and started more of an online war than there ever was. Everyone can't respect a game for what it is anymore. They look at it and make an immediate and absolute judgement. Biased news is all around the gaming community and it really is sad. But nobody will change just by looking at this thread. The world only gets worse from here on out bro. It ain't gonna get any better and this is me being real with you. The minds and mentalities of people is changing. I can't say that it's a good thing or a bad thing either.

They say that this site is for analyzing game data and having decent conversation over them. But I see much of vgchartz's member community as immature and stupid. Now don't get me wrong, there are some level headed, reasonable people on this site and they're far in between but finding them is going to make you feel better about the site.

Open the world of the internet to billions of people, what'd you expect though right? I'm always saying, If you don't like it then don't buy it and why put your time and effort downing something you don't even like? Everyone wants to be heard and nobody wants to listen. That's the problem in a nutshell bro. Don't forget I told ya that now. Now run into the fields before them coppers catch ya.

P.S.

-If you are depressed, sad or confused... play Nintendo. That's coming from a Sony/Nintendo guy.

Leadified said:
It sounds like you need a break from the internet and all the bullshit and drama associated. Which means it's time to clear up some backlog! *hug*

I just want gaming and associated stuff to go back to how it was D: WAAAA

*Hugh back*