By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Being a gamer is not fun anymore

Like it's already been said; just go play some games.

If you want to be the old curmudgeon who openly declares "no good games are being made anymore" then stick to playing the games from the generation(s) where they gave you a sense of satisfaction as a form of entertainment.

Retro gaming is not a real thing. Unless you're obsessed or enamored with game design from a time before you were playing, preferring old games usually just means finding satisfaction in the games you enjoyed when you were younger and life was more enjoyable or at least much simpler.

Don't read game news or game related news if it depresses or upsets you. Stick to talking about games with people whose opinions you share and value.

Around the Network

I understand a lot of the points but the best thing to do is just play :)

Pick up what games you want, don't worry about all the weird stuff online and just go for it! When I'm playing and not thinking about other stuff everything is just awesome.

I'm confused, just play your games and talk to your friends or play those games with your friends.

Dario80 said:

That's because you don't play Nintendo...

Basically, but playing Nintendo now is also not fun. Maybe next year with a lot of great games like Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Majora's Mask 3D and Zelda U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Also consider not labeling yourself as a "gamer" as a form of self identification.

If you don't like what that entails these days and you find you no longer relate to the label and all it implies, find satisfaction in simply being one who enjoys playing video games.

Around the Network

Just quit the internet. At least for a while.

gaming is, imo, better than (almost) ever. ps4 at least, is just soo good at being a gaming machine with pre-installs, automatic patching, suspend mode, a great party system, as well as nifty new concepts like shareplay. it's almost like going back to the snes era where gaming wasn't such a fucking hassle.

the internet, however, is worse than ever...

as much as i like 1080p i'm also fucking tired of every review starting with and dwelling on resolution and frame rate. i'm tired of reviews saying a game is an unplayable mess only to play it for myself and not notice any issues at all.

as much as i like "innovation" i'm also fucking tired of every game being labeled as boring and worthless if it isn't genre redefining. i'm tired of reviewers reviewing the game as the game they wanted instead of the game as built. i personally don't like sandbox games so stop saying a game is shit because it isn't a sandbox style game. i'm also tired of indies being treated like shit games even when they are amazing.

i'm really fucking tired of DDoS because some jerk is a fucking jerk.

sometimes it is good to step back and chill for awhile and take a break.

I quit watching the news/listening to the radio years ago and are much happier now. Games are my escape, I dont have to agree with someone, or convince them I am right or they are wrong. I dont really care.

Dragon Age Inquisition is in the post

That will give me a solid 80 hours of heads down gaming. Less time to read news online

Also, being told your culture is awful isn't just in gaming. Look at movies being criticised for being sexist all the time

I feel ya!