By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone see any good reason why GTAV's(PS4/X1 editions) meta is higher than Smash U's?

GTA V is what all games in the industry should follow. Great gameplay, great storyline, great characters, great setting, massive amount of missions and always (and I mean always) having something to do, so on and so on. And then the online component that is amazing and constantly updated with free material and the ability to play with 30 people at once.

SSBU for me will get 100/100 because it is just the epitome of a party game while hanging out with friends and everyone can play it. Its fun as f**k to hold a 64 person tournament and just work your way through it. There's just no better experience than playing with your friends locally in SSB.

But if I had to choose between the two I'd pick GTA because it is so hard to get bored of it, plus no SSB will ever be better than Melee.

Around the Network

Reviewers like GTA better?

Probably because it's a better game, just throwing that out there.

because smash its smash very little different to prebs ,all we know that since N64 i had played it..

radha said:

Really? Smash can only compete when it comes to gameplay, has no story, worst graphics, worst ST and less features, so really, why would is get a better review than GTAV? I personally, as a fighting game player find smash to be a button mashing fest that can't be take seriously, so not even as a fighting game is really a big deal. It is a big deal to Wii/Wii U owners because there are only nintendo games on those consoles.

You cant take SSB seriously for a fighter? Throw him to the die hard SSBM players

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
radha said:

Really? Smash can only compete when it comes to gameplay, has no story, worst graphics, worst ST and less features, so really, why would is get a better review than GTAV? I personally, as a fighting game player find smash to be a button mashing fest that can't be take seriously, so not even as a fighting game is really a big deal. It is a big deal to Wii/Wii U owners because there are only nintendo games on those consoles.

You cant take SSB seriously for a fighter? Throw him to the die hard SSBM players

He could play a moderately decent Brawl player and would learn otherwise.

The only button masher fighters I've played are King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat(the old ones), Tekken(sorta if your opponent sucks) and MvC(if your opponent sucks).

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

padib said:
tbone51 said:
radha said:

Throw him to the dogs? I'm not sure that's a good idea. He might change his mind.

As much as i respect Traditional fighters, i cant understand why people think SSB is not as competitive or evenmore.

Same boat as pokemon. Pokemon is one of the hardest competitive games to get into. I guess because 90% tht play SSB is casual it automatically cant be taking seriously.

Because GTA is better for adults and Smash is for kids.

This post was moderated by axum

Sensei said:
Because GTA is better for adults and Smash is for kids.

lmfao, go look up wat games kids actually play.

GTA V is the better game? lol