By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone see any good reason why GTAV's(PS4/X1 editions) meta is higher than Smash U's?

GTAexpert said:

If you included Titanfall for XB1, then you should also include MLB 14: the Show and FF XIV: ARR for PS4 instead of DC and Knack.

You're missing the overall point.

Fact remains that just because there's a higher metacritic for a game doesnt mean its superior, I was proving that point. In the end the score doesnt matter as its all subjective in the end

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
yum123 said:
Joke thread?

smash is shit and GTA is awesome, simple

Joke post? Yeah must be that

But he is right. GTA is awesome and effective as pills if you have insomnia.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Maybe they liked GTA5 more? Just a thought

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

vkaraujo said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
tbone51 said:

Pokemon is more popular than both, but meta always has it between 84-89 :0

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, but GTA is way more popular than Pokemon.

Not sure if that is true. I would bet more people know what a pokemon is than a GTA, even if they never played a game.

Also, not sure if sales support that. According to VGC, GTA is at 140M vs Pokemon 205 (With the Genre filter: RPG) or 230M (without any filer)

GTA as a game is more popular than Pokemon, but Pokemon is more popular overall due to the anime.

As for overall sales, Pokemon is released every year and was big since 1996, while GTA V was released 5 years after GTA IV, which is a long time.

yum123 said:
tbone51 said:
yum123 said:
Joke thread?

smash is shit and GTA is awesome, simple

Joke post? Yeah must be that

hmmm no

Damn, now i just pity you

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
GTAexpert said:

If you included Titanfall for XB1, then you should also include MLB 14: the Show and FF XIV: ARR for PS4 instead of DC and Knack.

Fact remains that just because there's a higher metacritic for a game doesnt mean its superior, I was proving that point. In the end the score doesnt matter as its all subjective in the end

Yeah scores are subjective, but then this thread doesn't make any sense as it might be that reviewers enjoy GTA V more than SSB.

GTAexpert said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
GTAexpert said:

Yeah scores are subjective, but then this thread doesn't make any sense as it might be that reviewers enjoy GTA V more than SSB.

None of this thread makes any sense. Just people fighting over whos superior due to meta scores,its weird.

GTA V is great and Smash Bros looks great as well. Scores are irrelavant imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

GTAexpert said:

GTA as a game is more popular than Pokemon, but Pokemon is more popular overall due to the anime.

As for overall sales, Pokemon is released every year and was big since 1996, while GTA V was released 5 years after GTA IV, which is a long time.

If it sells every year, that indicates something.

I still don't see how GTA is more popular. If it sells less and it is less recognized, exactly how can we say that?

Not trying to start something, i just don't see the argument that defends that idea. From my PoV, i would say both are extremely popular, but if i had to guess which one wins, it would be Pokemon because of sales and awareness.

Really? Smash can only compete when it comes to gameplay, has no story, worst graphics, worst ST and less features, so really, why would is get a better review than GTAV? I personally, as a fighting game player find smash to be a button mashing fest that can't be take seriously, so not even as a fighting game is really a big deal. It is a big deal to Wii/Wii U owners because there are only nintendo games on those consoles.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

makes sense to me, not much of a ssb fan, huge for GTA though.