By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 6 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are Nintendo Games (4 are 1st Party)! XD

A_C_E said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Mummelmann said:

I'm sorry, tbone51; this OP is massively cherrypicked and containing several ridiculous, arbitrary conditions and terms that remove all credibility and point from the effort. The only thing it proves is that you're willing to resort to all the tricks in the book to promote your preferences as superior. I think you're a deceng guy and user tbone51, but this thread is probably your worst one yet and it is based on unfair, illogical and ludicrous premises that, quite frankly, I think you understand yourself. It's cool that you show enthusiasm for the games you love; but make things fair and grounded at least, this is the kind of thread that promotes poor discussion; the OP sets the tone for discussion and as far as OP's go, this one is very far from top-tier.

*claps* 

well deserved

Yeah i agree, definitely well deserved *claps*

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
tbone51 said:

Metacritic means nothing; games over 90+ on Meta means nothing, just play the games.  The Evil Within is below 80 according to Meta, but I enjoyed it a lot more than many games which scored above 90 by these 'so called professional reviewers'. Just play the games, are you a gamer or not ?

I enjoyed so much more KillZone Shadow Fall than the last 3 Call of Duty Games put together, but it scored less than 80. It's personal, it's your taste, forget about Metacritic, lately it has become a joke even more.

Yeah my favorite game this generation got an 83, should of been a 90+ for sure!

not a surprise at all.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Tachikoma said:
tbone51 said:

Games that are over 90+ this gen...... All Belong to Nintendo! XD

~Well excluding Ports+Remakes+Indies. (and PC) Lets Analyze this shall we...? :)

List of Games with 90+ on Meta this Gen.... All 4 games are 1st party from Nintendo! Put that Quality Seal on the industry :P

~93 Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)

~92 Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)

~91 LoZ A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

~90 Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Ironic? Also there is one more game, dunno if it should count. Rayman Legends? It was technically an 8th gen only game but x360+ps3+psv+3ds was also added. If you count tht, thats 5 and the only none Nintendo developed game to hit 90+

this is why nobody takes these sort of threads seriously, if you narrow down the requirements enough you can get any results you want, ports, remakes and indies are still, GASP!, games..

No, they're games from past gen. This thread is about current gen games. GTA and the Last of Us are heavily over-rated anyway. How does a one year old remake/port/remaster get 95% on Metacritic lol?

Aerys said:

What does this thread says ? There is a lot of Nintendo fans , even among journalists

Or just alot of non nintendo fans mad for no reason :-/ 

"even amoung journalist." lol C'mon really? The ones that always rip on Nintendo, its doom, go to mobile, etc Journalist? Nahhhh :P

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
So PC belongs to nothing and Persona, TLoU and GTA among others don't count. Also, "All Nintendo games" is a bit misleading, is it not since Rayman is made by Ubisoft and has nothing to do with Nintendo. Bayonetta 2 is arguable since Nintendo funded it but Platinum made it.

how is title misleading, it literally says 4 of which is 1st party saying the others are from third party companies. 

Yes, they dont count were they originally made for this gen? No. Thats why. Did i include Every LoZ game? No. In the Top HH thread did i include every remake? No.

People are mad for no reason, cant believe how much of a fuss this made, especially when i made 4 other similar threads and nobody went crazy there >_>

I feel offended by your thread tbone.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Samus Aran said:

No, they're games from past gen. This thread is about current gen games. GTA and the Last of Us are heavily over-rated anyway. How does a one year old remake/port/remaster get 95% on Metacritic lol?

Both are great games. It's reasonable that they receive similar scores to their last gen counterparts: they are the same game with better visuals. Why would they rate a game that got 95 with a lower score if it's the same thing, plus all DLCs and with updated visuals?

And that's more like a personal opinion. I prefer TLOU to any game in this gen so far, and critics prefer too from what we saw.

Mummelmann said:

Well, after analyzing the OP; I noticed the following:

- You include the 3DS but not the Vita for some reason, the Vita actually launched several months after the 3DS and it has three titles over 90 on meta. Why exclude the Vita? Is it counting only from a specific time? I see you've excluded some 3DS titles as well, the 3DS actually seven titles over 90 meta if you count all time (and why shouldn't you if you count the 3DS as 8th gen) and if the time window aspect is indeed what you're using; why not simply use that as the defining line for when the PC counts as 8th gen? If so, doesn't that mean you should include PC games from February 2011 if the 3DS is 8th gen? And again; why no Vita?

- You exclude Indie titles, citing that they are "arguably" games, what kind of reasoning is that?

- Your list includes one multiplatform title (Rayman), which has a 91 metascore on One and a 90 on the PS4 (Flower, Fez and Diablo III on PS4 also fit this category) and you also include one title that can "arguably" be called a remake (A Link Between Worlds) if the scope for "arguably" encompasses the possibility that Indie title might be games for real.

- You fail to mention that what you're actually comparing is one home console that has been out for two years and one handheld that has been out for nearly four years and setting them up against two home consoles which have both been out one year; let's check the tally again in one year and then one more time in two years and 8-9 months, shall we?

- You exclude the PC, like many others do with such lists, there is no grounds for this since the argument is "90+ games this gen"; like I've said above, you could have simply counted PC titles as 8th gen from the date the Wii U released, or even the 3DS since that's included.

- You include Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS, there goes the time frame argument against Vita and PC again, this game released right around the same time the Vita first released in a territory.

- You group Indie games with remakes and ports for some reason, probably to disqualify them by proxy, which is an utterly mindblowing tactic, to say the least.

- The PC should feature on your list as well, with the following titles released since February 2011 (when the 3DS came out); Fez (you have included a multiplat for the Wii U, I'm simply doing the same), Skyrim (same as previous), Bioshock Infinite (same), Portal 2 (same), Dishonored (same), Deus Ex: Human Revolution (same), Mark of the Ninja (also on 360 and; I'm sorry, but Indie title are indeed games OP), Spelunky (same as the one right before), NBA2K13 (same as the other multiplats), Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (sorry, Indie title are games, anothe multiplat), DOTA 2 (PC exclusive and after February 2011), Guild Wars 2 (another PC exclusive after February 2011), Total War: Shogun 2 (PC exclusive after February 2011).

In conclusion; your thread title does not specify exclusives (simply says "out of all the games this gen")and your OP contains a multiplat for Wii U but none for others, you disregard the PC and Indie titles for no good reason, you disregard the Vita for no good reason (why 3DS but no Vita?). As mentioned; you also set a handheld from February 2011 (the first 3DS title on that list is November 2011 though, but that still gives massive problems regarding excluding the Vita and PC titles in the same space of time) and a home console from November 2012 against two home consoles from November 2013. The OP and thread title do not specifically mention exclusives either; it's like someone comes in and starts arguing the validity of the criteria and then others throw in "well, that's what he/I meant", that is a pretty low form of debating.

My list above for the PC should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt; 13 titles at 90+ meta for the PC means Out of All The Games This Gen So Far Over 90+ Meta, The PC Wins Easily (three are exclusives)! XD

I'm sorry, tbone51; this OP is massively cherrypicked and containing several ridiculous, arbitrary conditions and terms that remove all credibility and point from the effort. The only thing it proves is that you're willing to resort to all the tricks in the book to promote your preferences as superior. I think you're a deceng guy and user tbone51, but this thread is probably your worst one yet and it is based on unfair, illogical and ludicrous premises that, quite frankly, I think you understand yourself. It's cool that you show enthusiasm for the games you love; but make things fair and grounded at least, this is the kind of thread that promotes poor discussion; the OP sets the tone for discussion and as far as OP's go, this one is very far from top-tier.

"Ok thats awesome, but we are talking about 90+ scores currently in  this gen, all on Nintendo platforms and 4 are from nintendo themselves. This thread aint talking about OS, gamepad, network, thitd party support, etc.

Did i say WiiU>PS4/X1? No, i just said Nintendo has the only (currently) 90+ ranked games so far. Whenever somebody does good news for Nintendo, i hear these types of comments thats a tad bit off topic :-/"

That's a self-defeating post; your OP and thread title never specified as much, I think you're being ridiculous in here, to be perfectly honest. Answers and critique in this case are not off-topic; you should have made an actual effort with the OP and an actual, fair point instead of pulling the victim card on this one.

Yoooooo!!! Thanks, this is an awesome post^ Wow cant believe how bad that opening is

Give this man an award...... He deserves one, jezus for tis long beautiful post *.*

Im so biased oh man...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193527&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193489&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193475&page=1

Oh man srry for making a quick thread, its really hilarious that all these mixed feelings spewed outas soon as i made a thread pointing out something positive for nintendo only XD. 

Anywayz, srry guys. I didt mean to offend anybody...... Now i kno unfortunately you can never post anything nice (at least for nintendo) without  people ranting. I learnt my lesson (at least i think i did)

torok said:
Samus Aran said:

Both are great games. It's reasonable that they receive similar scores to their last gen counterparts: they are the same game with better visuals. Why would they rate a game that got 95 with a lower score if it's the same thing, plus all DLCs and with updated visuals?

And that's more like a personal opinion. I prefer TLOU to any game in this gen so far, and critics prefer too from what we saw.

It's just a money grab, games should only be remade/remastered if they're old. That's what I like about Nintendo.