By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 6 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are Nintendo Games (4 are 1st Party)! XD

yvanjean said:
A_C_E said:
mZuzek said:

I'm struggling to believe some people are actually complaining about leaving out The Last of Us.
I mean, SERIOUSLY? The Last of Us is a last-gen game no matter which way you put it. Thank god there's still people who don't consider it, so maybe next time we don't get a remaster-only gen. Taking a game released a year ago and improving some visuals doesn't make it a current-gen game.

Edit: @post above, oh. but some people are still being serious over it.

People aren't complaining about leaving out The Last of Us, it was a 7th gen game. People are complaining about leaving out The Last of Us Remastered. Also using metacritic for some games and then ignoring metacritic for others doesn't make sense since Metacritic is a review aggregate that averages a games score representing industry standards which in turn portrays its relevance to the industry. The Last of Us Remastered (which is more than a visual upgrade, sorry to disappoint) scored a 95 meaning the industry and people alike thought it was more than a welcome addition to an.......8th generation console! GTA V is the same story except it scored even higher. I own, and can play, The Last of Us Remastered and GTA V Remastered on my PS4 (8th gen console) rigth now. Both are 95 and over; both are DEVELOPED FOR 8th generation consoles and made to take advantage of 8th generation power. These are facts that people like to avoid so they cherry pick.

Enjoy your cherries while me and the other guys enjoy the two highest rated games to release this year!

Remastering a game is not DEVELOPPING is it? It's simply the same thing Nintendo did to Windwaker HD. 

ummmm....yeah, it was developed for the PS4 and Xbox One. It wasn't just magically brought into existence. GTA V Remastered and TLoU Remastered are much more than just HD graphic updates btw.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
yvanjean said:

Which game would you rank above 90+ ??? 

Titanfall was a great game but lack single player. Destiny was disapointing and metascore is reflecting this perfectly.

I would argue Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Donkey kong country: Tropical Freeze deserve 90+ but we would just be adding to Nintendo's list.

Admittedly 2014 has been a pretty meh year for games, but there have been a few standouts that deserved higher meta's than they recieved imo, my 2 favorite games so far this year, Child of Light and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare both meta'd lower than they deserved imo. Also, I think it's a little strange that no AAA multiplat game managed a 90+ this year except for Dark Souls 2. Ws kind of expecting a 90+ from Dragon Age and possibly Far Cry 4, but they're at 85 and 87. Can't really say if they deserve a higher score or not yet since I haven't played either yet though.

Both games are better than Far Cry 3 and Dragon age: Origins which are the best and highest rated of the series. They deserve to have a 90 meta atleast.

shikamaru317 said:
yvanjean said:

Which game would you rank above 90+ ??? 

Titanfall was a great game but lack single player. Destiny was disapointing and metascore is reflecting this perfectly.

I would argue Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Donkey kong country: Tropical Freeze deserve 90+ but we would just be adding to Nintendo's list.

Admittedly 2014 has been a pretty meh year for games, but there have been a few standouts that deserved higher meta's than they recieved imo, my 2 favorite games so far this year, Child of Light and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare both meta'd lower than they deserved imo. Also, I think it's a little strange that no AAA multiplat game managed a 90+ this year except for Dark Souls 2. Ws kind of expecting a 90+ from Dragon Age and possibly Far Cry 4, but they're at 85 and 87. Can't really say if they deserve a higher score or not yet since I haven't played either yet though.

I played 5 hours of Dragon Age, EA Access, I don't think I will play the last hour or get the game. Just like previews Dragon age it does a very bad job introducing and it's very overwhelming right of the bat. Most of the learning is done with trial and errors. 

Child of light was Meh .... only played 6 hours and haven't finish it.
Plant vs Zombies GW: Reallly?!? lack of single player mode and the fact that the game feels like a demo would make me rank it in 70-80s max.. probably 70s.
Shovel Knight was good .... should we think of them as indie games or 8th gen games??? 
Far cry 4, Shadow of Mordor, Watch dogs, Sports games are all great 80s game. 

90+ game are for the elite and deserving games.... don't insult Last of Us and GTA V by trying to include them to this list.They are the elite and best game of 7th gen brought over to be enjoyed by 8th gen gamers that might of missed out on them. 

shikamaru317 said:

Seems like there may be some bias amongst critics so far this gen. Not hating on Nintendo in any way shape or form, the scores that those games are got may well be deserved, but something seems off when neither games from Sony/Microsoft nor 3rd party multiplat games are managing as high of metascores.

That has more to do with the games not being very good. X1 and PS4 haven't exactly released great games this year; some have been good and the scores in general show that and some have been piles of congealed fecal matter, but they haven't really produced anything all that note worthy.

yvanjean said:

90+ game are for the elite and deserving games.... don't insult Last of Us and GTA V by trying to include them to this list.They are the elite and best game of 7th gen brought over to be enjoyed by 8th gen gamers that might of missed out on them. 

That's still Mario Galaxy 1/2...

...And Metroid Prime.

A_C_E said:
yvanjean said:

Remastering a game is not DEVELOPPING is it? It's simply the same thing Nintendo did to Windwaker HD. 

ummmm....yeah, it was developed for the PS4 and Xbox One. It wasn't just magically brought into existence. GTA V Remastered and TLoU Remastered are much more than just HD graphic updates btw.

Really how much of the content has remain from the original game??? Less then 50%.... 75%. 

An updated version for the PlayStation 4The Last of Us: Remastered, was released on July 29 in North America, July 30 in Australia and Europe, and August 1 in the United Kingdom. It includes the downloadable content episode Left Behind, previously released on PlayStation 3 on February 14, 2014. Like the original title on the PlayStation 3, The Last of Us: Remastered received immense critical acclaim, praised particularly for its high FPS rate and increase in graphics.

So in your opinion GTA V is a new game develop exclusively for PS4 and Xbox one? Gamers that played it on PS3 and Xbox 360 will all suffer from Déjà vu sickness. 

Around the Network

you all know nintendo is the best. The problem is that in some moment of your life you just were a weak minded guy and falled into the bullshit propaganda of the other companies... but you will come back... if you want quality thats it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

yvanjean said:
A_C_E said:
yvanjean said:

Really how much of the content has remain from the original game??? Less then 50%.... 75%. 

An updated version for the PlayStation 4The Last of Us: Remastered, was released on July 29 in North America, July 30 in Australia and Europe, and August 1 in the United Kingdom. It includes the downloadable content episode Left Behind, previously released on PlayStation 3 on February 14, 2014. Like the original title on the PlayStation 3, The Last of Us: Remastered received immense critical acclaim, praised particularly for its high FPS rate and increase in graphics.

So in your opinion GTA V is a new game develop exclusively for PS4 and Xbox one? Gamers that played it on PS3 and Xbox 360 will all suffer from Déjà vu sickness. 

No, GTA V is for PS3 and 360. I'm simply stating facts when I state GTA V Remastered and TLoU Remastered are developed for the 8th generation of consoles thus making them 8th generation games. There's no emotion or "opinion" in this matter for me, therefore no bias. If everyone is suffering from Deja Vu sickness then why would both games score so efing high? I mean these games are the two top rated games of 8th gen according to metacritic. Sales also staple my side of the discussion even further. TLoU Remastered has sold well over 2 million when counting the bundle through summer and we all know how huge GTA V Remastered will be.

Its all about VALUE. When you buy GTA V Remastered or TLoU Remastered you are buying the two most valued 8th gen games. Of course opinions are going to change from person to person as far as value of an item is concerned but that's why I've based my points on facts and not false information hence metacritic, hence why its cherry picking to include some and exclude others when the aggregate has a score for all of them; all of them being 8th generation games. Facts.

POE said:
you all know nintendo is the best. The problem is that in some moment of your life you just were a weak minded guy and falled into the bullshit propaganda of the other companies... but you will come back... if you want quality thats it.

Or you just simply don't like Mario which is most of their games. Quality is subjective so get over yourself. 

A_C_E said:

No, GTA V is for PS3 and 360. I'm simply stating facts when I state GTA V Remastered and TLoU Remastered are developed for the 8th generation of consoles thus making them 8th generation games. There's no emotion or "opinion" in this matter for me, therefore no bias. If everyone is suffering from Deja Vu sickness then why would both games score so efing high? I mean these games are the two top rated games of 8th gen according to metacritic. Sales also staple my side of the discussion even further. TLoU Remastered has sold well over 2 million when counting the bundle through summer and we all know how huge GTA V Remastered will be.

Its all about VALUE. When you buy GTA V Remastered or TLoU Remastered you are buying the two most valued 8th gen games. Of course opinions are going to change from person to person as far as value of an item is concerned but that's why I've based my points on facts and not false information hence metacritic, hence why its cherry picking to include some and exclude others when the aggregate has a score for all of them; all of them being 8th generation games. Facts.

So game of the year 2014 includes GTA V remastered and TLOU remastered? It's actually pretty clear cut only include 8th Gen games. Upscaled port of 7th gen game doens't make a 8th gen game.