By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 6 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are Nintendo Games (4 are 1st Party)! XD

Normchacho said:
Yay? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Nintendo fan, but two Mario games, LOZ, and Fire Emblem?

I'm sorry but I'm no longer impressed by Nintendo's ability to effectively give us updated versions of games we've been playing since the 80's.

Don't worry, I'll still buy my WiiU and fill my collection with the standard Zelda, SSB, and Mario games. Just like I did with the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. But I won't sit here and hold Nintendo up for it.

Fire Emblem never got over a 90 before, Awakening is the first one. As for Mario+LoZ, isnt it more impressive as those games deliver in quality after quality? I mean lots of entrys and they are still going. If anything its amazing. Besides, SM Sunshine plays different frm SM64, SMG+SMG2 are completely stand out over them, SM3DW+SM3DL even differentiate from all 4 of those :)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

But let me ask you this, how many of those 90+ games will be 1st party games? WiiU, a console of which third party is almost non existant and nintendo has 3ds which has only a few japanese third party has 5 games total, 4 of which are made by Nintendo.

Actually, i'd argue that WiiU and 3DS combined has a lot more games, and since thats what you're comparing here..

We're at year 3 and the only true first party WiiU game over 90 is Super Mario 3D World, that's one title.

3DS has been out since 2011, and has just 4 first party games over 90.

Shall we circle back to this thread in 2016 for PS4/XBO comparison to that 1 first party and compare the PS4/XBO first partys?
And again in 2017 to compare them to the 3DS too?

veritaz said:
Good for it but it's not really impressive. It's 2 consoles that are 2-3 years out already. Plus where is Persona 4 Golden? That got a 93 and has a ton of extra content, characters and different story. That's why it got a 93 unlike the original that got a 90 in 2008. I think it should be included.

Not that impressive huh? 4 of the 5 is from the same developer (Nintendo) which is already more than half of what 99% of the gaming industry companies will get this gen let alone 4.

X1/PS4 has more games on those systems than WiiU (and by a huge margin). that needs to be taking into account as well.

As for P4G, even if its an updated, with lots more content, its still the same game(originated from gen 6 ps2) Same could be said with Metroid Zero Mission which completely changed the game. (others like Kirby NMiDL/Pokemon ORAS/Pokemon HGSS/etc)

Normchacho said:
HEMSTAR said:
chuckyj1 said:
Metacritic is $h1t. Forza Horizon 2 got a 1/5 stars from a site and was listed on Metacritic reviews. I understand you may not be a racing fan... the same site gave Drive Club a 3/5... are you F***ing kidding me? And that site gets taken into account in Metacritic?

Metacritic sucks as a whole, but it is nice to go in and see a compilation of reviews for a certain game. I don't take Metacritic seriously as a whole though.

Until Metacritic regulates the sites they take into account the site is ultimately a joke.

Then they have to stop all the reviewers giving games a 10/10 as well which 3 of the reviewers did. I'm not shitting on FH2 as it is a great game but it's not deserving of a perfect score. But i agree that Quarter to Three, the reviewers who gave FH2 a 1/5 has to go. All their reviews are absolutely dreadful, go check out their publications on metacritic.

No game has ever deserved a perfect score. That is honestly my main gripe with any sort of review, nothing is perfect.

That's the beauty of metacritic with more reviewers the less impactfull each review and you get the Meta.... Sure that one review was bullshit but overall there are 86 reviews and that reviewer only amount to 100/86 = 1.16 of the meta (1.16 x -4/5= -0.92) .... The more reviews you get the more accurate the metacritic will be. There are three perfect score for forza horizon 2 that we could argue are too high (3 x 1.16 x 0.14 (over rank) = 0.48) these three high score cancel more then half of that bad review.... Leaving the Metacritic for forza horizon 2 even more accurate by negating the three perfect score

Tachikoma said:
tbone51 said:

But let me ask you this, how many of those 90+ games will be 1st party games? WiiU, a console of which third party is almost non existant and nintendo has 3ds which has only a few japanese third party has 5 games total, 4 of which are made by Nintendo.

Actually, i'd argue that WiiU and 3DS combined has a lot more games, and since thats what you're comparing here..

We're at year 3 and the only true first party WiiU game over 90 is Super Mario 3D World, that's one title.

3DS has been out since 2011, and has just 4 first party games over 90.

Shall we circle back to this thread in 2016 for PS4/XBO comparison to that 1 first party and compare the PS4/XBO first partys?
And again in 2017 to compare them to the 3DS too?

Year 2 for WiiU, Year 3 hasnt started^ Also i should mention, we might get our 2nd 90+ WiiU first party game tomorrow (SSBU), so there's that and maybe, but unlikely Captain Toad.

3DS just 3 (not 4) 90+ are all 1st party games. Do you think other companys not named Nintendo get even 3 90+ games per gen? There are only a few that might actual get 2, let alone 3 the entire gen.

yes yu can circle back to this thread in 3 years if it pleases you. Also whats Vita's excuse then btw (been out for 3 years nw) More support and games than 3ds, not one original 90+ game this gen :-/

Around the Network

Nintendo's games have easily been the best so far this gen.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

tbone51 said:

Year 2 for WiiU, Year 3 hasnt started^ Also i should mention, we might get our 2nd 90+ WiiU first party game tomorrow (SSBU), so there's that and maybe, but unlikely Captain Toad.

3DS just 3 (not 4) 90+ are all 1st party games. Do you think other companys not named Nintendo get even 3 90+ games per gen? There are only a few that might actual get 2, let alone 3 the entire gen.

yes yu can circle back to this thread in 3 years if it pleases you. Also whats Vita's excuse then btw (been out for 3 years nw) More support and games than 3ds, not one original 90+ game this gen :-/

There is no excuse, the Vita is just poorly supported.

Tachikoma said:
tbone51 said:

There is no excuse, the Vita is just poorly supported.

Only by Sony^ I see 3-5x more games being released for vita each month than 3ds in japan, even if they arent the big names like RE/MGS/FF/etc.

Anywayz, like i previously mentioned, next year we'll have a better high rated games year. I think like 10 games have almost 90+ locked on meta

tbone51 said:
Normchacho said:
Yay? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Nintendo fan, but two Mario games, LOZ, and Fire Emblem?

I'm sorry but I'm no longer impressed by Nintendo's ability to effectively give us updated versions of games we've been playing since the 80's.

Don't worry, I'll still buy my WiiU and fill my collection with the standard Zelda, SSB, and Mario games. Just like I did with the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. But I won't sit here and hold Nintendo up for it.

Fire Emblem never got over a 90 before, Awakening is the first one. As for Mario+LoZ, isnt it more impressive as those games deliver in quality after quality? I mean lots of entrys and they are still going. If anything its amazing. Besides, SM Sunshine plays different frm SM64, SMG+SMG2 are completely stand out over them, SM3DW+SM3DL even differentiate from all 4 of those :)

So what? What does this game getting a 90 have to do with Nintendo having a rather stale line up of heavy hitters? Personally, I'd rather Nintendo have a slew of new games getting 70's and 80's than the same old songs doing 90's.

and to answer your second question, yes. But that doesn't give them a pass on trying new things.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

mZuzek said:

I'm struggling to believe some people are actually complaining about leaving out The Last of Us.
I mean, SERIOUSLY? The Last of Us is a last-gen game no matter which way you put it. Thank god there's still people who don't consider it, so maybe next time we don't get a remaster-only gen. Taking a game released a year ago and improving some visuals doesn't make it a current-gen game.

Edit: @post above, oh. but some people are still being serious over it.

People aren't complaining about leaving out The Last of Us, it was a 7th gen game. People are complaining about leaving out The Last of Us Remastered. Also using metacritic for some games and then ignoring metacritic for others doesn't make sense since Metacritic is a review aggregate that averages a games score representing industry standards which in turn portrays its relevance to the industry. The Last of Us Remastered (which is more than a visual upgrade, sorry to disappoint) scored a 95 meaning the industry and people alike thought it was more than a welcome addition to an.......8th generation console! GTA V is the same story except it scored even higher. I own, and can play, The Last of Us Remastered and GTA V Remastered on my PS4 (8th gen console) rigth now. Both are 95 and over; both are DEVELOPED FOR 8th generation consoles and made to take advantage of 8th generation power. These are facts that people like to avoid so they cherry pick.

Enjoy your cherries while me and the other guys enjoy the two highest rated games to release this year!