By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Umm, Out of All The Games This Gen So Far, Only 6 Are Over 90+ on Metacritic... And All Are Nintendo Games (4 are 1st Party)! XD

Just a confirmation that Nintendo is the king of making great games.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

Diablo 3 reaper of souls is 8th gen and has a meta of more then 90... That game should be on the list!!!

riderz13371 said:
tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said:

Rayman Legends is on 7 gen consoles also though...

I can take that off, i have no problem with that, but i would of added games like Titanfall, LBP3 cuz they are gen 8 games from the start

. Should i take it off? (Rayman Legends)

LBP3 and Titanfall don't have 90 Metacritic.

It's your thread so the final decision is up to you. Personally, it doesn't even matter lol but I thought I would just clear it up that Rayman is also on last gen.

I pointed that out as well, at the end of the 1st post :) Thats why at first i didnt add it, thats an arguably case though! I personally dont care, but for wat its worth it was a wiiu exclusive at one point

Why not year aligned?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Slade6alpha said:
riderz13371 said:
Nintendo makes quality games, that much is known. I think Sony/Microsoft haven't bothered releasing their big guns in the first year because they can just rely on the third party support to sell their consoles, which can't be said for the Wii U therefore Nintendo has to put in much more effort in attracting consumers with their games.

But it looks like Sony/MS will get some 90+ games next year (I hope)

I'm not trolling MS and Xbox, but I honestly don't ever think they will get a 90+ rated exclusive lifetime this gen. And I mean EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX ONE. Ie) no PC, or 360. 

Sony I can see easily Bloodborne unless something goes wrong, and Uncharted 4 easily. 

Edit: I mean if they can't get it with MCC, then I don't think Halo 5 will either. Just my opinion. 

I think Gears 4 (or w.e it will be called) will be the one to get it. Halo 5 seems to be changing a lot of things and I feel like many reviewers will be "butt-hurt" about it and it will be reflected in their review. Quantum Break will be a great game but Remedy, to my knowledge, has never made an excellent 90+ metacritic game.

They remind me of Sucker Punch from Sony's side. Always making great and fun games but none of their games reach that masterpiece status and I'm talking about the average score of the game, as I'm sure for many people games like Alan Wake have already reached that masterpiece status.

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
@Tbone: Rayman should be removed since it's on 7th gen platforms...
However... it was supposed to be on an 8th gen console first. Hmmm, your call

That one is arguably, im not against taking it off, maybe i should put it in its own section Lmao!

Super Mario 3D Land is the only game released within the timeframe of the xbox one and ps4's retail avaibaility that scored 90 or higher, the rest came out in the second and third year.

you can tell me that doesn't matter, in 2 years when the 90+ metacritic games are compared again, though I suspect "metacritic score means nothing" will be the excuse I hear then.

PenguinZ said:

Just a confirmation that Nintendo is the king of making great games.

As if we needed any confirmation =P

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Why not year aligned?

I made a thread for that, well 2014 top rated games over 85+

yvanjean said:
Diablo 3 reaper of souls is 8th gen and has a meta of more then 90... That game should be on the list!!!

Is that new for this gen though? I thought it was originally a ps3 game years ago? (correct me if im wrong)